Logic Template - 24 track to external summing mixer

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Thanks Man. Looks Gud...

Bump for a great thread, for me anyway.

I just got my Equinox yesterday and am figuring out how to hook it all up.

This thread has helped quite a bit. The only part I am stuck on now is is the external inputs and out puts.

How do you have yours set up?

If I run everything summed back into my Aurora where should I bring them back in? 1 and 2 into the Aurora

Do I need to eat up another free stereo track now to listen to it....like 3 and 4? and do I need to always have 3+4 armed in record mode to hear it back?

Please help.... I'm hoping there is a better way I'm just not seeing.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Man. Looks Gud...

Bump for a great thread, for me anyway.

I just got my Equinox yesterday and am figuring out how to hook it all up.

This thread has helped quite a bit. The only part I am stuck on now is is the external inputs and out puts.

How do you have yours set up?

If I run everything summed back into my Aurora where should I bring them back in? 1 and 2 into the Aurora

Do I need to eat up another free stereo track now to listen to it....like 3 and 4? and do I need to always have 3+4 armed in record mode to hear it back?

Please help.... I'm hoping there is a better way I'm just not seeing.

you have to use 2 Y cable for the main output of the equinox and 2 Y cable for the output of the hardware you are using (compressor or any but let's call it "hardware"), you can also do that with a patch (maybe you can do that in the matrix of your converter digital drivers if available or in a hadware patch if you don't want to sacrify some of your converter output for that)

one pair of the equinox main out goes to input 1&2 of the aurora, and the other to the "hardware" input.

one pair of the "hardware" output goes to the equinox external in and the other to the input 3&4 of your converter (or 5&6 if you use 3&4 for the mic preamp output)

this way you will monitor the SUM "hardware" treated signal by switching to EXTERNAL on the equinox and just SUM signal switching to MIX3-32 as usual.

I'm using a SSL madixtreme and i can't do any patch inside the computer, and i also wouldn't want to use some of my ouputs for that as i prefer to keep the max for the summing.

i hope this helps

Cheers

K