Fantom X and 3 SRX Cards

• 1 month later...

Thx David!

I spent ALL day typing in the Patch names for my Fantom X7 AND my four expansion cards (SRX-01, SRX-04, SRX-05 & SRX-08)

I had to dig a little bit to incorporate the SRX Rhythm patches.

I'll upload this environment very soon.

Thanks again!

Edited by Vermifax

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Vermifax

Any chance of uploading this environment with the patch changes you typed in? It would be HUGELY useful to me!! :) :)

Thanks!

Michael

Thx David!

I spent ALL day typing in the Patch names for my Fantom X7 AND my four expansion cards (SRX-01, SRX-04, SRX-05 & SRX-08)

I had to dig a little bit to incorporate the SRX Rhythm patches.

I'll upload this environment very soon.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

David,

thanks so much for this one! i've got an X6 with the world collection ( SRX-09 ) so it has helped immensely!

i can't seem to access the drum patches on the SRX card though. i can access everything else ( including the non SRX drum patches ).

is there something i missed or can you tell me how to implement this function?

thanks and respect

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi David,

Please forgive me if this is already asked - I am a newbee for this site (and forum). I have a Fantom XR. I've set up the env for it (multi-channel instrument) but haven't quite figured out how to program the MSB/LSB values for changing the Preset banks and their patches. Will this template help me with that?

I want to be able to select the bank and a patch within the bank from the channel strip in the arrange window.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

-Sam-

Here's an environment template for the Fantom X 7 and Expansion cards SRX04, SRX06, SRX09.

No names, but all bank changes have been programmed.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey david how do I select the patches I want for the various treacks? Also, how are the audio tracks set up? Am I retarded.. lol .. I just have my fantom going into stereo input 1/2 on the preamp...

My way of doing it now is so inefficient and ttedious.. Select a patch on the fantom... Then Create a GM device... then record the riff to midi.. then press record in logic and have it trigger the fantom and record the audio...

Im guessing you can multi track with different patches on the template you set up? Its just confusing me... Im trying to learn a million things at once right now and Im getting kind of overloaded

• 3 years later...

Old thread I know, and maybe no one cares anymore about getting a Fantom X8 Environment object going in Logic 9. But here's my addition to David's amazing work: I pasted in all the factory preset names so they are selectable from atop an External MIDI channel strip. The Environment object is importable into your project. In the attached project there are sixteen External MIDI channel strips, corresponding with the sixteen MIDI channels and sixteen channels in a Fantom X8 Performance (just load any Performance, a blank one is probably preferable, on your Fantom to get started).

David programmed all the bank changes. In the strips on the attached project, there is a bank select field just under the patch name selector. They correspond with the Fantom X8's factory preset banks as follows. It works best if you select the Bank # first, then select the patch, even if the strip is already in the bank you wish to access (that makes sure to send the appropriate Bank Change message to the Fantom). This is a much easier way to audition Fantom presets for use within a Logic project than changing them using the Fantom controls, imho.

Bank 0: Fantom PR-A (Preset A Group)

Bank 1: Fantom PR-B (Preset B Group)

Bank 2: Fantom PR-C (Preset C Group)

Bank 3: Fantom PR-D (Preset D Group)

Bank 4: Fantom PR-E (Preset E Group)

Bank 5: Fantom PR-F (Preset F Group)

Bank 6: Fantom PR-G (Preset G Group)

Bank 7: Fantom PR-H (Preset H Group)

Bank 9: User presets 1-128

Bank 10: User presets 129-256

(I didn't bother with the rhythm sets or GM)

Fantom X8 environment template.logic.zip

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...
Here's an environment template for the Fantom X 7 and Expansion cards SRX04, SRX06, SRX09.

No names, but all bank changes have been programmed.

Hi,

I know that it is a very old post, but my request is a very old too!

I am trying to refurbish an old Mac Air (version 1) that has installed the Logic 7.2 and to connect a Fantom XR. And I am trying to find a iso environment file to help me out, just because I am an initiated in this subjects. From the file or graphical explanation maybe I could put it working.

I hope that you still be there.

Best

Eurico (Portugal)

I know that it is a very old post, but my request is a very old too!

I am trying to refurbish an old Mac Air (version 1) that has installed the Logic 7.2 and to connect a Fantom XR. And I am trying to find a iso environment file to help me out, just because I am an initiated in this subjects. From the file or graphical explanation maybe I could put it working.

I hope that you still be there.

Hi. Unfortunately I no longer have the older version of this file. Hopefully someone else still has it and can provide it to you?

• 1 month later...