Hey jord!! fantastic macro you made i cant tell you how much i love this thing!! i see that you use ableton live also...any chance you have an equivalent for live? i know live has a scale mapper but it just doesnt hold up to yours! thanks! :)

Hey, prodmri! Glad to hear you like the Scale Remapper.

i see that you use ableton live also...any chance you have an equivalent for live? i know live has a scale mapper but it just doesnt hold up to yours! thanks!

Hmmm..the idea came from using Live's Scale MIDI effect. In my opinion, Live's effect is superior to the scale remapper because it's more flexible and can be used to process data that's already recorded to a region. The scale remapper just lets you play a chosen scale/mode when playing a C major scale (the white keys) with your MIDI controller. There's also two other maps besides the C major one, as explained in the first post of this thread.

J.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Scale remapper is great.

Glad you like it. :)

I'm having trouble unpacking the macro because it is protected.

would it be possible to post the unpacked/original environment.

Are you sure? I just downloaded the file and unpacked the macro just fine. I remember it was originally protected but then I updated it and uploaded the unprotected version.

J.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

NEED HELP!

I am a new logic pro user, and somebody sent me a link to the scale remapper tool that was made. I opened the file in logic pro x but couldn't get it to work. Could I get some instructions and knowledge passed to this new user?

Marvin

Logic Pro X user

Hello Marvin,

I tested the Scale Remapper in Logic 10. It works as expected. However, it won't work with the Musical Typing Keyboard but this is also expected behavior as the Musical Typing Keyboard's data is not routed through other environment objects like it is with the Caps Lock Keyboard in Logic 9.

Still, I've uploaded an LPX version of the Scale Remapper to accommodate the change in font size in LPX, so that the objects' names don't overlap.

J.

• 4 weeks later...