V-Drums Environment.

Hi, fellow V-Drums users! I'd like to share my modified template for all models V-Drums. First of all let me give you some instructions. Because each pad is set to send on a different MIDI channel you have to route them manually in your V-Drum module. Go to Instrument-Control-Midi and set the channels as follows:

Kick-5

Snare-6

Tom 1-7

Tom 2-8

Tom 3-9

Hats-12

Ride-13

OL-14

OR-15

Channels 1,2,3,4,10 and 11 are occupied for other purposes. Remember, that channel 10 is used to transmit the whole kit, so it is used in the environment.

As you can see I made two types of instruments: one is GM and another is External. Each channel of the External is routed to an audio track, so you may record everything as audio for your convenience.

Before recording go to Environment and change the MIDI port of the GM Device and TD-Module to the port where your V-Drums module is connected.

You cannot record both GM and External at the same time. The MIDI recording is set to demix if multichannel is recorded. It gets buggy because both multiinstruments are cabeled in the environment. Just choose which one you want to use and delete the cabling of the other.

If you have any questions I'll be very glad to answer them! Happy drumming!

V-Drums.logic.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I was doing some searching for v-drums environments and ran across this. Is this for mapping V-drums MIDI out to play an external GM device?

I'm trying to figure if there's a way I could build a macro that would allow me to change the midi out pitch on any given pad. That way, if I'm browsing Stormdrums and hear a sound I like via the keyboard, I can go to the macro, specify the pad, then specify the pitch until I've made a mapping for each pad. Then I can go over to the v-drum and record it's midi data and hearing Stormdrums.

Rich