BT's Universal Key Command Project.

Here are BT's Key Commands.

Here is something I'd like to make public.

I've tried to get together a consortium of people to use the same sort of key commands because the configurability of Logic is amazing, but it's really frustrating when you sit down at someone's rig and you're like... (acting as if he's pressing a key command) "God... damn it, R is supposed to do horizontal zoom..." and it doesn't work, and then you have to get your key out.. and.. whatever.. but I actually got a large group of people to start using the same key commands: The Deep Dish guys, myself, Paul Van Dyk, Peter Gabriel, the whole Real World crew... there's a bunch of us, we're all on the same key commands. It's really nice to be able to sit down at a computer and use them.

(...)

Some of them are based on Pro Tools commands which is nice because if you sit down in Pro Tools which I rarely do but I have to sometimes for film stuff, you've got some of the same zoom commands and stuff that you have in Pro Tools so you're not completely lost when you're in there. It's pretty specific stuff. It just makes it really nice because now you can go to somebody else's studio to work and it works great.

B.T. - ReMix Hotel 2006 Los Angeles

com.apple.logic.pro.zip

BT Key Commands.pdf.zip

Edited by David Nahmani

Sup,

That's nice what he's trying but apple already give us standard sets. I suggested to Apple to incorporate that in the Dongle Key; so that wherever you may be working in LP you can have your custom key set with you.

my key commands been customized for years...

Chap

Where does this file go David? And how is it accessed in Logic?

Use The "Import Key Commands..." in your Key Command App inside of Logic.

Here are BT's Key Commands.

He is trying to get together a set of universal key commands and encourage as many people as possible to use the same ones. I believe those are also the key commands used at Peter Gabriel's Real World studios.

David could you do a "Export Key Commands to Clipboard" and paste it on a text file that you can share with us here so it is easier to see what the Key Commands are?

• 2 weeks later...

So...are these some kind of "magic" key commands? I just don't get it? It's just a bunch of key commands - what's the big idea of using some one elses? I totally can't see the point. People who download this have never used key commands before or what?

"Hey man! what do you know, you can press * and logic records audio!!!!"

8) :lol:

Hi

Can anyone assist me? I just bought the Editors Keys layout Key Command set for Logic 7.2.3 All set up now but I want to print the Key Commands for reference.

When I look in the Key Commands windows I see the numeric code for the keys eg -87 not the ASC key code. Is there a way to switch the numeric key codes to display the normal key code? That way I can print them out and use them for referernce as I learn them.

Hope so

Ged

thanks for the reply...

but can i take my key commands out temporarily and replace them with BT's...and then take his out? I just want to see his flow...but then again...this might be better if someone just tell me if there are any really cool things about his commands rather than sifting through every single one. Anyone...

Of course Jeremy. Simple take com.apple.logic.pro out of your Logic prefs folder and drag them someplace safe if you don't have them backed up and drag BTs in. To return to your do the opposite.

I was thinking; is any one interested in my key commands? For exemple I've got:

Ö=make song really funky

º=make song groovy AND funky

˜\= make song shuffle feel + less groovy

æ=turn copies into copies of copies

:lol: nice

try this one: (~>1) = make song number one hit

Oh MAN! I gotta try that one out real fast! Thanks for sharing - that's so AWESOME :P

Can't wait to get other peoples key commands aswell! :)

So...are these some kind of "magic" key commands? I just don't get it? It's just a bunch of key commands - what's the big idea of using some one elses? I totally can't see the point. People who download this have never used key commands before or what?

"Hey man! what do you know, you can press * and logic records audio!!!!"

8) :lol:

It's not about using someone else's, it's about improving and streamlining work flow.

What's interesting about BT's way of working is that he doesn't use a control surface. It's all mouse and keyboard (except for the actual "keys" to play parts with). The factory key commands are a little querky and don't fully take advantage of some powerful options (i.e. "capture last take"). Also some of the key commands BT uses are similar to that of Pro Tools so that if your job requires you to go between the programs, it will ease that transition that much more.

I can't wait to take a look at these.

Ok, I STILL don't get it. So what if he uses [alt] + [<] for "set regions to record position" ...SO WHAT?? What's the grand lesson to be learned???

:oops: :cry: :roll:

I mean, if you want to assign a key command; all available commands are REALLY easy to find in the key commands window?

Jebus. Are you under the impression that BT has got access to some unknown secret super commands? If that's the case, I apologize. :P

Ok, I STILL don't get it. So what if he uses [alt] + [<] for "set regions to record position" ...SO WHAT?? What's the grand lesson to be learned???

:oops: :cry: :roll:

I mean, if you want to assign a key command; all available commands are REALLY easy to find in the key commands window?

Jebus. Are you under the impression that BT has got access to some unknown secret super commands? If that's the case, I apologize. :P

Some people like their tea hot, others like it cold. Some like it with milk, others like it with honey. I'm interested in seeing how somebody else enjoys their tea.

Has anyone imported the commands?

If so, can you do an export to text clipboard and paste them here.

I have about 12 years worth of commands, needless to say, I am pretty set on these now, but wouldn't mind seeing how others are using and assigning. Just so i know I am not missing out on anything. :wink:

I apologize in advance for throwing my 2 cents in, as I am new here, but it boggles my mind that people are actually scoffing at this concept. If you do not see the value in it then move on. For those that it sense it is a very convinient thing.

For those that are not seeing the point, it basily comes down to crewating a universal set of key comands that takes greater advantage of available key comands than the stock Logic set does. The point of having a univeral set is so that if you go to visit a friends studio you will not be lost because he is using a completly different set of key comands than you do.

If this works for you great, but if you do not see the point than move along.

what's the Key Command for "why did I hire this singer??"

:)

I just loaded the BT commands, and printed the document. Love them.

As someone who CONSTANTLY goes from ProTools on a Mac, to PTools on a PC, to Logic (sometimes during the SAME session!!!), this REALLY does help me on the Logic side of it. I only changed ONE of back to my original..the 'capture last take as recording'. I use the apostrophe key next to the return key. I like a SINGLE easy-to-reach key for a quick capture.

I appreciate BT's willingness to share this. Especially for new Logic Users, KeyCommands can be VERY overwhelming. And some of us killed enough brain cells in our youth that it's kinda hard to REMEMBER them all... :)

It's ALL about workflow, and why NOT learn from one of the best Logic guys around?