A quick Template for Automating groups of Maschine Macros.

This is a Logic Project with a couple of faders set up to automate/modulate groups of Maschine macros. FYI in the Maschine software sequencer; Macros are template knobs assignable to any parameter. I'm working on a project with someone who has Maschine, wasn't expecting much as I'm not the biggest hardware MPC fan, but the software is quite fun. Seems like a nice compliment to Logic for a creative individual such as myself. Although I might have trouble justifying the price tag.

Anyway, I digress. I am in no way a Logic Pro Pro. So this is just something I threw together because we had the need for it, so I threw it together as quickly as I could figure something out. That being said, here is the idiotic scheme I came up with:

There are 3 dummy instrument channels in the arrange and mixer windows. They do nothing (or should do nothing) beyond control sets of Maschine Macros with their volume faders (via a fader and a few transformers). The use of any hardware wasn't considered here. The specifics are in the project notes.

Thats about it. Maschine doesn't do this on its own (I believe). Its missing a few obvious key features like this, we'll see if and when they add them, but there's enough in there to warrant some experimenting.

So if anyone wants this, you can test it out for me, cuz I can't, cuz I don't have the dang thing. (We got it working, but I haven't tested it in a practical situation.)

As a sidenote: Maschine seems to integrate particularly well with Logic. For instance. It appears to me similar in scope to Reason and Live when used with Logic, only with a bonus that it runs as a plugin, and continues to host plugins itself. I haven't seen this before, but it looks like a nice way to keep your songwriting and Live performance situations compatible while being able to utilize Logic. I use Logic songwriting (electronic music) and creative production, and in my current workflow after my Logic project is done I have to pretty much completely invent my live performance concepts afterward. Anyone been using the two for a while have any input? THANKS!

Maschine Macro Faders.logic.zip