Program to invert zoom direction

I wrote this application to invert the horizontal zoom, vertical zoom and horizontal scroll directions. It also has sliders to control the speed for each scroll/zoom type. You need to enable access for assistive devices in the universal access system preference pane for this program to function.

ScreenShot.png

LogicZoomInverter.zip

Edited by _toner

• 1 year later...
I really like the zoom inversion app you made. Is there any way to adjust it so that it only inverts the vertical zoom but not the horizontal zoom? I am trying to match up my Logic and Reason zoom functions so that they are the same direction both ways. Any help would much appreciated! Thanks :)

Thanks for the update. I've tried it quite a few times now and the vertical zoom invert works great! but the horizontal zoom invert is not working. Is it working on your end?

I've tried it on my macbook pro 17" running Lion 10.7.5, and I've also tried it on my macmini running Mountain Lion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I worked with dorian c on resolving the issue with horizontal scrolling/zooming. The problem was that I was only inverting mouse axis 1 events and not axis 2 events. He suggested adding zoom/scroll factors for slowing down particular scroll types, so I added those as well.

Edit: Removed attachment since the first post has the latest version attached to it