A control panel for Logics Arpeggiator

1009718548_ArpeggiatorControlPanel.png.7d82ed3aecf1f0c96d4a9343418fc870.png

Using the arpeggiator in the Logic environment can be a bit of a motivation sapper, to try & make it a bit easier to use I've created this control panel.

I've loaded a nice patch in ES2 as an example, make sure you have the Arp Input track selected in the arrange window & the project is playing if you want to try it out.

There's a couple of things to bear in mind if you want to use it:

• In the example project, I've dragged the Arp Input keyboard into the arrange window & when prompted chose Create New Track - you can find the Arp Input keyboard by dragging the lower edges of the floating frame window.

• To enable you to drag the keyboard you will first need to ctrl click in the floating window & untick Protect Positions & Hide Cables, this will also allow you to change the destination of the Arp - to do this select the output cable from the Monitor to the right of the control panel & delete it, then alt click the output triangle & select the new destination from the drop down.

• All the buttons work in real time apart from the Octave buttons, these won't take effect until you release the keys & press some more.

• The On/Off button should only be used while you aren't pressing any keys - this is because it's connected to a cable switcher & if you are pressing keys when you use it the Arp won't receive any Note Off messages & will keep on playing.

• I've only included buttons for the controls that I use often, if you need access to the Arp to change any of the few parameters left out then you will need to unpack the Macro.

That's pretty much it, enjoy.

Ruaris Arp Controls.zip

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...