Complete Fantom XR Factory Patch Environment Layer

Hi Guys,

[Thanks fader8 for the file posting info!]

Well I dove in head first and created a Fantom XR layer with accessibility to all possible factory patch and performance banks I could find on the net for this synth. You can download the template below (see the file Fantom_XR_Patches_Environment.logic.zip), then just import the layer into your Environment, and use the banks that apply to your Fantom XR, and/or replace factory user patches or performances with ones you've already created yourself. Any questions, let me know.

So far, it's working great for me. Hopefully this makes life easier for other Logic Pro/Fantom XR users too. And if someone knows a more efficient way to organize all these banks, feel free to post ideas or updates to this thread. I'm not an expert, so it's very possible someone out there knows a cleaner way of doing this.

[i've also attached a FANTOM instrument icon I created (see the file 326.png.zip below). Just download it to your computer then right-click on your Logic Pro application icon, choose "show package contents" from the menu that appears, then drop the icon into the... /contents/resources/images/icons folder. Then launch Logic and choose the icon in the instrument icon list. You should see it at the bottom right of the icon list.]

Fantom XR Factory Patch Environment Layer details:

Below you'Il see I created seven Multi-Instruments with different banks. These include all internal factory patches, performances, and rhythm sets, and all the SRX Expansion Board patch and rhythm set lists I could find on the net. You can preview any of the seven Multi-Instruments (*subject to customizations you've made in your own personal Fantom XR) with the Keyboard Object (see it in the layer, make sure it's on MIDI channel 1) by clicking on the Multi-Instrument you want to hear. For parts 2-16 of performances in the Fantom XR Performances Multi-Instrument, choose that Multi-Instrument then choose the Keyboard Object and toggle it's MIDI channel in it's Object Parameter Box to the left.

*obviously if you don't own a certain expansion board the sounds won't be there... acccess the sounds for the boards you own by referring to their locations in the list below.

FYI, to play any Multi-Instrument, I found I don't have to toggle the Cable Switcher ever. I actually don't know why this is the case (does anyone else know, please tell me), but it can (and should, I found out, to be able to play the Fantom XR Performances Multi-Instrument) be left on "3," no matter which Multi-Instrument you want to play. Bottom line, don't touch it.

NOTE: Don't forget to switch the MIDI channel on the Keyboard Object back to channel 1 if you're done previewing channels 2-16 of the Fantom XR Performances Multi-Instrument and want go to one of the other Multi-Instruments.

So here's how the patches are distributed among the Multi-Instruments (man I wish we could do custom bank labeling!!!). Anyway, if anyone finds any mistakes, let me know! I'm happy to fix and repost.

[Thanks to everyone who helped me figure all this out too]

Multi-Instrument 1:

Name: Fantom XR Patches:

Bank 0: User patches 1-128

Bank 1: Preset patches 1-128

Bank 2: PR-A patches 1-128

Bank 3: PR-B patches 1-128

Bank 4: PR-C patches 1-128

Bank 5: PR-D patches 1-128

Bank 6: PR-E patches 1-128

Bank 7: PR-F patches 1-128

Bank 8: PR-G patches 1-128

Bank 9: PR-H patches 1-128

Multi-Instrument 2:

Name: Fantom XR GM Patches:

Bank 0: LSB 0 patches (with LSB 0 fillers)

Bank 1: LSB 1 patches (with LSB 0 fillers)

Bank 2: LSB 2 patches (with LSB 0 fillers)

Bank 3: LSB 3 patches (with LSB 0 fillers)

Bank 4: LSB 4 patches (with LSB 0 fillers)

Bank 5: LSB 5 patches (with LSB 0 fillers)

Bank 6: LSB 6 patches (with LSB 0 fillers)

Bank 7: LSB 7 patches (with LSB 0 fillers)

Bank 8: LSB 8 patches (with LSB 0 fillers)

Bank 9: LSB 9 patches (with LSB 0 fillers)

Multi-Instrument 3:

Name: Fantom XR Rhythm Sets:

Bank 0: User rhythm sets 1-32

Bank 1: Preset rhythm sets 1-40

Bank 2: GM2 rhythm sets 1-09 (assigned to their appropriate program change #s)

Multi-Instrument 4:

Name: Fantom XR Performances:

Bank 0: User Performances 1-64

Bank 1: Preset Performances 1-64

NOTE: Choosing this Multi-Instrument and it's performances will automatically switch the Fantom XR to Performance Mode. Choosing any of the other Multi-Instruments will automatically switch the Fantom XR out of Performance Mode.

Multi-Instrument 5:

Name: Fantom SRX 1-7 Patches:

Bank 0: SRX 1 Expansion Board patches 1-41

Bank 1: SRX 2 Expansion Board patches 1-50

Bank 2: SRX 3 Expansion Board patches 1-128

Bank 3: SRX 4 Expansion Board patches 1-128

Bank 4: SRX 5 Expansion Board patches 1-128

Bank 5: SRX 5 Expansion Board patches 129-256

Bank 6: SRX 5 Expansion Board patches 257-312

Bank 7: SRX 6 Expansion Board patches 1-128

Bank 8: SRX 6 Expansion Board patches 129-256

Bank 9: SRX 6 Expansion Board patches 257-384

Bank 10: SRX 6 Expansion Board patches 385-450

Bank 11: SRX 7 Expansion Board patches 1-128

Bank 12: SRX 7 Expansion Board patches 129-256

Bank 13: SRX 7 Expansion Board patches 257-384

Bank 14: SRX 7 Expansion Board patches 385-475

Multi-Instrument 6:

Name: Fantom SRX 8-12,97-99 Patches:

Bank 0: SRX 8 Expansion Board patches 1-128

Bank 1: SRX 8 Expansion Board patches 129-256

Bank 2: SRX 8 Expansion Board patches 257-384

Bank 3: SRX 8 Expansion Board patches 385-448

Bank 4: SRX 9 Expansion Board patches 1-128

Bank 5: SRX 9 Expansion Board patches 129-256

Bank 6: SRX 9 Expansion Board patches 257-384

Bank 7: SRX 9 Expansion Board patches 385-414

Bank 8: SRX 10 Expansion Board patches 1-100

Bank 9: SRX 11 Expansion Board patches 1-42

Bank 10: SRX 12 Expansion Board patches 1-105

Bank 11: SRX 97 Expansion Board patches 1-12

Bank 12: SRX 98 Expansion Board patches 1-78

Bank 13: SRX 99 Expansion Board patches 1-64

Multi-Instrument 7:

Name: Fantom SRX Rhythm Sets:

Bank 0: SRX 1 Expansion Board rhythm sets 1-78

Bank 1: SRX 3 Expansion Board rhythm sets 1-12

Bank 2: SRX 5 Expansion Board rhythm sets 1-34

Bank 3: SRX 6 Expansion Board rhythm sets 1-5

Bank 4: SRX 7 Expansion Board rhythm sets 1-11

Bank 5: SRX 8 Expansion Board rhythm sets 1-21

Bank 6: SRX 9 Expansion Board rhythm sets 1-12

326.png.zip

Fantom_XR_Patches_Environment.logic.zip

• 3 years later...

This is fantastic, thank you! I successfully imported this Environment layer and can now see and change Fantom patches, kits and performances flawlessly. My big question: I use the Fantom Performances almost exclusively in my sequencing, and I need to be able to STAY in Performance Mode while changing individual parts/patches. Any suggestions??

I would love to utilize your system, but at the moment I have to view and audition the patches in another track of my sequencer, then change the part in my Performance track by hand. This is obviously a bit cumbersome. Help!

• 3 years later...

Sorry to resurrect this from the dead but could someone help me with this? The whole environment thing is new to me and honestly quite counterintuitive. I don't even know what I'm looking at.

I imported the patch names and I could see them. Yay. But that's about all I could do.

My Enviroment with one MIDI track has Prelisten, Click, Output and Master. What are these?

Howm am I importing this file? I tried it on "merge" and "replace" and then LPX quite unexpectedly. The OP says "layer" above but why am I doing that? That doesn't cause the program to crash but what do I do with it once it's imported - and am I even importing it correctly - there are like 8 options..

• 1 year later...

Hi,

It's an old post set, but my question is old too!

I have Mac Air (the first edition) with the Logic 7.2 version on it. And I would like to use it to connect to a Fantom XR.

In that way I would have some use to that old set. I try to use the environment above but I find out that it only serve the newer versions of the Logic.

Would anyone help me to find out such a environment (iso file) to that old set?

I hope that you guys still here, somewhere.

Thank you

Best

Eurico (Portugal)