Custom Scale Definer and Note Splitter

Hello all,

This is one of my first attempts with Environment programming outside of the MIDI routers I have made for integrating Numerology and Logic, soon to be made available for free from Five12. It is a Custom Scale Macro, where you can define the scale quantization, exactly like the Custom Scale module included with Numerology Pro.

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h394/funkdracula/CustomScaleQuantizer.png

Each macro defines it's value throughout C-2 thru G8, so for example changing a D to play as a C# will effect all D's to play at C#. Also included in the Macro is a Key Changer, so if you are defining your scales in the Key of C you can transpose it centrally from the macro within the Custom Scale macro.

I also included the Note Splitter that I made to make this possible. It splits all the notes C-2 thru C-8, C#-2 thru C#-8 etc etc. It may come in handy for other purposes, like putting delays and arps on specific notes etc.

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h394/funkdracula/NoteSplitter.png

With the Custom Scale macro, you can easily start defining your own scale quantizations and build nifty Environments like this one I've been working on; 8)

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h394/funkdracula/Screenshot2012-07-13at101525AM.png

I'm still working on this one, but basically this quantizes the keyboard input to the defined scales I made where each macro contains two Custom Scale Macros selected by a cable switcher.

In the cable switchers are the choices of the regular scale, where the wrong inputed notes are "quantized" either up or down making the entire scale playable on all white keys; or there is a "gated" option where only the correct notes of the scale are playable and the wrong notes are muted; handy for actually learning what the scale is on the keyboard, and of course an "OFF" option.

Then on the input side before scale quantization is an optional "triad machine", playing a triad chord for each individual note inputed pre-scale quantization; this really sounds neat! Follow the chord quantization up with an arpeggiator and you just might make Liszt himself jealous of your one finger piano playing prowess!

You can even follow up the quantized, arpeggiated result with that Note Splitter setup again for further madness! :shock:

I hope to make this Environment available soon, but in the meantime the building blocks for it are all here!

Like I said, this is my first real attempt at programming in the Environment, so I'd definitely appreciate any pointers etc!

Enjoy!

-BJG

Custom Scale Environment Template.zip

Edited by BJG

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...