OLA.

Here's a simple default i made for a talkback that triggers on when you hit C8 (the highest key on an 88note controller) and goes off when you let go

If that key is not useful to you, open the environment window. Head to the layer called 'talkback mic trigger', and change the first two transformers - where it says C8, add the key of your choice.

I've used an input channel which corresponds to my macs built in mic, but to change the input for whatever suits your set-up, in the environment window select mixer, click on the channel 'talkback mic' and on the left hand side select a suitable input.

You'll then need to send that channel to whatever output you use on your interface for headphones. You can do this on the channel strip itself.

talkback.logic.zip

• 3 years later...
I really like this setup hungrydave but presumably as well as hitting the key to unmute the talkback track you have to select the track each time you want to speak and then go back to the track you're recording in order to hear them talk to you. Is there any way around this? Otherwise it's got a touch of ham radio about this. Have you worked out a smooth way to do it or figured out another way? Cheers

• 5 months later...