Fireface Mixer Preset Toggle

Originally from this thread

Here's an environment thingie for toggling between presets of the Fireface Mixer software used by RME interfaces (Fireface 400, 800, etc). It works exclusively with the Caps Lock keyboard:

1700327742_FF400PresetToggle.png.ec7559465dd4b8b3668421521a0506e7.png

How to use:

The Caps Lock keyboard must be set to Octave number 2.

The key used for toggling is F# (the "T" key on your computer keyboard)*. The green "LED's" will flash to show which preset is being recalled.

Set the presets you want to toggle between by click and dragging the blue number boxes.

An IAC bus is used to send the messages to the Fireface Mixer software, therefore one must set the same IAC bus as the MIDI Input in the Fireface Mixer's preferences.

If you need to change the Fireface Mixer Preset Toggle's MIDI out port:

-Resize its window so that all objects are visible

-Control-click and disable "Protect Positions and Hide Cables" and "Frameless Floating Window"

-Select the "To IAC" object and change the port in the inspector.

Remember to check "Enable MIDI Control" under Options in the Fireface Mixer, and "Enable Protocoll Support" (typo there RME!) in the Fireface Mixer's preferences, otherwise it will ignore incoming MIDI messages.

Finally, if you want to use the Caps Lock keyboard for its normal purpose, turn off the FMPT (Click the "On" button).

Enjoy!

J.

*The ESC key can also be used, as it sends an All Notes Off command...although the LED's won't do anything if this key is used.

FF400 Preset Toggle 1.01.zip

Very nifty Jordi!

I added a filter so that it only responds to the Letter T if that's ok. I was getting strange behaviour pressing G, Y, H, U, J, K & O.

Hmm, the only "strange behavior" I get is if I press G, the second LED light's up (this shouldn't happen, so thanks for telling me).

What happens when you press the other letters? I get nothing here.

EDIT: Thanks for adding the "Flilter"! :lol:

Flilter.png.2cda7b2b1e76802805df852a3325dc35.png

J.

• 2 weeks later...