How to Bounce in Place using Kontakt 5 multi [SOLVED]

Yanizle

Ok, I have searched all of and still can not seem to find what I am looking for which us:

To be able to quickly bip several midi regions to separate audio tracks i.e. Brass section from Kontakt that has various brass sounds.

I have tried the suggestions from user: Jordi Torres and only get a sum of all the tracks to 1 stereo file. I did it several ways and double checked to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything.

The one way that did work was exporting all files which added the audio to my Bin which is great but then you have drag everything in place and can be time consuming. This is great for after composing and need to bounce out stems for mixing etc IMO.

So for workflow in the heat of composing to be able to quickly bIP would be very useful.

any help would be great :)

I have looked on YouTube and other forums and can not find this type of scenario.

Heres a pic of me trying to practice dif options:

1292451194_ScreenShot2014-07-26at3_00_22PM.thumb.png.b2b09c832cc4221efe775ce380bf76d7.png

Hi,

Works fine here:

-Check that the events in each region use a specific MIDI channel (corresponding to the MIDI channel assignment of each instrument in your Kontakt Multi).

-Set the main Kontakt track's MIDI channel assignment to "All" (you got it set to Channel 1 in your image) in the track inspector.

-Make sure the main Kontakt track is selected, then select the regions you have on the other tracks and use the "Move Selected Regions to Selected Track" command.

-Making sure the main Kontakt track is still selected, go to File > Bounce > Track in Place... (or use the key command).

-Check the "Include Instrument Multi-Outputs" and "As Additional Tracks" boxes.

If anyone knows another way, I'm all ears :)

J.

Ok forgive me how do you do that. Or can you walk me through a little. I am not sure what you mean. Click the pics and it will give you full size of my whole screen with the open Kontakt to see how there're routed.

heres another shot.( Click on the pic itself)

80357929_ScreenShot2014-07-27at2_40_26AM.thumb.png.f98e8059634d52eb01f2dfc9c1d10cde.png

Ok forgive me how do you do that. Or can you walk me through a little. I am not sure what you mean.

Select a region, open the event list, set all events in the region to the same MIDI channel the corresponding instrument in Kontakt is using.

You con set all events to the same MIDI channel by selecting all, double-clicking one event on the MIDI channel column, entering the new MIDI Channel number and hitting enter. You could also drag up or down if you prefer.

J.

Hey guess what? i got it!! Thanks man. I looked at the event list before but it wasn't showing any midi ch. so click on some buttons and voila there they were. So very cool. I set up ch accordingly and bounced out the channels…

Thanks again!!

• 2 months later...
hello i would like to continue this post with my some limited english...jordi torres you talk about different midi channels but how i get a bip if i use the same midi channel for example when i have a battery in the same instrument and i route the kick for aux 1, snare aux2, hat aux 3 etc, i would like to do this process usually when i'm producing and i don't get any solution yet...it doesn't work as the same way as ultrabeat thanks

• 2 weeks later...
hello i would like to continue this post with my some limited english...jordi torres you talk about different midi channels but how i get a bip if i use the same midi channel for example when i have a battery in the same instrument and i route the kick for aux 1, snare aux2, hat aux 3 etc, i would like to do this process usually when i'm producing and i don't get any solution yet...it doesn't work as the same way as ultrabeat thanks

Hi, sorry for the late reply...

You can still bounce in place the audio of a multi-out instrument, even if it's not multi-timbral (responds to data on a single MIDI channel).

Like mentioned previously, just make sure your MIDI regions (if you've worked with MIDI on separate tracks) are on the main Instrument track (the track assigned to the channel strip in the mixer hosting the plug-in, Battery, in your case) then Bounce the track in place and check the "Include Instrument Multi-Outputs" and "As Additional Tracks" boxes.

J.

• 9 months later...