Can't hear effects on my audio tracks [SOLVED]

brommelvision

Here is my current setup:

Logic Pro X

2013 MBP

Focusrite Scarlette USB interface

Basically I create an audio track, and load up an effect on it. I can hear it fine, but when I hit "play" or "record" the effects drop out and all I hear is the dry guitar sound when I start strumming. And I can't pan the track either. Then when I hit "stop", I can hear the effects loud and clear.

I did research online and people were talking about audio input monitoring, but I'm struggling to find the right settings in LPX. I noodled around in the audio section of the preferences, but no luck.

I'm frustrating because on my iMac I use the same exact hardware/software setup, and everything works great. What do I need to do to fix this on my laptop?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

First of all make sure Software Monitoring in enabled in Logic's audio preferences.

The fact you're hearing the dry guitar means your monitoring directly though the interface. Make sure you turn that function off since you'll be monitoring through Logic and its plugins.

I did research online and people were talking about audio input monitoring,

I think you mean you read something about "auto input monitoring". You should turn that option off if you plan to monitor through Logic while in playback mode (Record menu > Auto Input Monitoring). Alternatively, for monitoring through Logic in playback mode (regardless of the state of the Auto Input Monitoring option), you can use the input monitoring button instead of the Record Enable button on your track.

Here is my current setup:

Logic Pro X

2013 MBP

Focusrite Scarlette USB interface

Can you please add this info to your signature so that it appears in all your posts?

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.3)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.8.5)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)

• Memory (e.g. 2GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. Presonus AudioBox USB)

• MIDI Controller manufacturer and model (e.g. M-Audio Axiom Pro 49)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

J.