2 questions (sample rate, and session files)

Devon8822

Hey two quick questions, about things that seem to be different from the way they were in logic 9. First of all my sample rate does not show up in the control bar at the top, EVEN THOUGH I have selected "sample rate or punch locators" in the customize control bar and display menu. I have however gotten it to show up by clicking "restore defaults" in the customize control bar and display menu, and than just clicking cancel so it doesn't actual restore my defaults... weird glitch? Before I pressed restore defaults the list under "LCD" in the customize control bar and display menu that contains the option for "sample rate or punch locators" is greyed out. So basically in order to get the sample rate to show up in the control bar every session I have to go and click restore defaults. How can I fix this?

Second question: whenever I create a new session it doesn't seem to create a new folder or anything and when I click a record enable button on one of the tracks it says "record folder "(null)" not found"... this is obviously because i didnt create a folder for it, so i fix this by pressing save as and making one. Does this happen for everyone? In logic 9, I remember it getting you to make the folder when you created a new session, so you dont have to do it manually, and if you didn't put in a name it just made a folder anyways with the name "untitled". Now you have to do that manually?

Hey two quick questions, about things that seem to be different from the way they were in logic 9. First of all my sample rate does not show up in the control bar at the top, EVEN THOUGH I have selected "sample rate or punch locators" in the customize control bar and display menu. I have however gotten it to show up by clicking "restore defaults" in the customize control bar and display menu, and than just clicking cancel so it doesn't actual restore my defaults... weird glitch? Before I pressed restore defaults the list under "LCD" in the customize control bar and display menu that contains the option for "sample rate or punch locators" is greyed out. So basically in order to get the sample rate to show up in the control bar every session I have to go and click restore defaults. How can I fix this?

Besides selecting "sample rate or punch locators" in the customize control bar and display menu, you need to set the LCD display to "Custom" (click the icon on the left side of the LCD).

whenever I create a new session it doesn't seem to create a new folder or anything and when I click a record enable button on one of the tracks it says "record folder "(null)" not found"... this is obviously because i didnt create a folder for it, so i fix this by pressing save as and making one. Does this happen for everyone? In logic 9, I remember it getting you to make the folder when you created a new session, so you dont have to do it manually, and if you didn't put in a name it just made a folder anyways with the name "untitled". Now you have to do that manually?

All you have to do is save your project right after opening Logic to be done with it. Logic 9 asks you to save when clicking the record enable button, and if you cancel out of that then asks about setting a Core Audio Recording folder. I don't see the advantage of that over just saving from the get go.

J.

hmm do you guys get the "record folder "(null)" not found" error too?

Like Jordi already said, to avoid complications and warnings do the following:

Create new project.

Do a Save As

Select a second internal or external FW drive for the location and name the project

Check "include assets"

Click save.

Simple as that for every new project or if you want to consolidate older projects with issues.

Only when trying to record from an unsaved project....if no record folder has been set, makes perfect sense to get such an error message.

Do you actually get that error Jordi? You should not get it in LPX. LPX automatically saves your project in ~/Music/Logic/ and sets the recording file path to Media/Audio Files/ inside the project package.

I just ran a few tests and I can't seem to reproduce the error, nor can I get an LPX project without a record path, so I'm not sure how the OP ended up in that situation.

In any case I agree with the advice of saving your project manually before you start recording. That's just good workflow IMO. And it avoids many potential disasters.

Do you actually get that error Jordi? You should not get it in LPX. LPX automatically saves your project in ~/Music/Logic/ and sets the recording file path to Media/Audio Files/ inside the project package.

I just ran a few tests and I can't seem to reproduce the error, nor can I get an LPX project without a record path, so I'm not sure how the OP ended up in that situation.

I do have an alias there instead of the original folder, so that's probably why I get it :mrgreen:

J.

I do have an alias there instead of the original folder, so that's probably why I get it :mrgreen:

Correct! I created an alias for the Logic folder and placed it there and I get the same error now, followed by a Volume "" is full. alert.

AFAIK in Logic Pro X you shouldn't get this alert at all unless you've modified your Logic install (meaning you've moved some of the files or folders installed by Logic Pro - such as that Logic folder inside your Music folder).

• 11 months later...

So I have this same error, but it's only come up literally today. But it's stopping audio from coming through now? Any ideas why? I can't find any other information on any other forum. It's registering audio and output is set to my audio interface, I've checked cables, headphones, nothing is working and it all start when I got the error shown in the screen shot I've attached :/

1132210614_ScreenShot2014-11-05at13_52_20.thumb.png.24898d08c3834d2a3389aa1b3a4f53c3.png