problem saving to external drive [SOLVED]

tabitha

hi, we've recently upgraded to logic x and are using a different computer than the one we usually use at home. home is a mac pro tower, what we're on now is an imac. our external drive is a g drive that's daisy chained to the imac via universal audio apollo.

on our previous set up (logic 8, mac pro, no daisy chain) when done for the day we would do a "save as" to the external drive with no problem. now, when i'm doing a save as, i name the project "tabs test", click on the external drive on the left of the "save" window, click on organize my project as a folder and then click save. the problem is, then a box pops up saying "the document "tabs test" could not be saved as "tabs test". the file doesn't exist."

i'm sure it's something really simple. i just can't figure it out.

i can save the project to logic (ie: not click on my drive on the left of the save box) but then when i try to move it to the external drive after saving i even get a message saying "the operation can't be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -50).

i transferred some older projects to the new drive and they open just fine so i don't think it's the drive...