No sound from MIDI keyboard when using Omnisphere?

deckard1

Hello,

This is very strange and this only happens with Omnisphere, however, I think it's a problem within Logic.

When I play a note on my MIDI keyboard controller, the 'MIDI Activity In/Out' notes register in the LCD display. So, the controller is obviously working. However, no presets within Omnisphere will sound. When I use Logic's built-in keyboard there are no problems with the presets sounding. What in the world is going on? :?

Thanks.

Make sure you trigger notes in the right pitch range?... for example if you trigger a C-2 (C minus 2) and the patch you're using only plays between C0 - F5 then you won't hear anything.

Thanks, David. I tried playing every note on my 61 key controller…including the different octaves…and still nothing.:( Now that I think about, I am guessing the problem lies within Omnisphere. The reason being that the 'authored' presets (e.g. Eric Persing) seem to work fine with my keyboard controller. Something is definitely amiss! :shock:

Should I contact Spectrasonics customer support?

Thanks.

Of course.

Omnisphere is a Multitimbral instrument with it's different parts hard-wired to channel 1-8.

Your MIDI keyboard is transmitting on a channel other then 1 and the instrument track in Logic was set to All. That means that Logic is passing your original channel to the instrument.

Setting the channel to 1 will transmit channel 1 to Omnisphere.

You can also test this by setting your keyboard to channel 1 and keep the All setting in Logic.

• 4 years later...

Hi guys,

I seem to be having the same issue. Some tracks are working fine, others won't make a sound when I try to play new notes. the midi on it currently sounds and when I record on the track the midi piano roll appears as if I'm adding notes but I won't hear them.

In the main display I see I'm triggering notes and I can go to some tracks and make sound so I know the midi controller is fine.

I tried using the musical typing window with no luck.

I tried switching the Midi channel to 1 instead of All but still no luck.

Any others ideas?

Drew

I could probably fix it by

Creating a New Track With Duplicate Settings

Dragging Over the effects and instrument in Mixer window

Dragging Midi file from non functioning track to new track in Arrange Window.

Just hoping there was a definitive solution, not just delete and start over.

Drew

Ignore my posts here. I'd delete them except maybe someone else will learn from my rookie mistake.

I had the noise gate on and side chained to a kick on another track.

No sound would come out unless sound on the other track was opening the gate on the track in question.

Drew