CC4 to trigger Notes..? [SOLVED]

georgz

Hi There ¡

I'm Trying to Use my CC4 Foot Control to trigger diffent Notes,

example:

when CC4 is between 128 and 99 use this note A#1

and when CC4 is between 98 and 68 use other note C-1

and when CC4 is between 67 and 00 use other note D1

is it Possible to do this in Logic Pro X ?

I think maybe the "transformer" will do the trick ,,,, But I had not luck yet.... :(

I say it could be done, but the issue is: how to send a note off? Or are these just key switches?

The other question is: why do you want this? And yes, you need to set up a Transformer in the environment for this. Three transformers, actually. But depending on why you want this, I would already say "don't". There are so many other (better) ways to trigger notes.

I want to find the way to do this, to use it with different Hi Hat notes that I like, I don't like "Full Open" HH, so I just Want to choose the notes That for me sound Better, and Yes I need to send the note off in every Transformer too ¡ :cry: I don't know how to do this....

I'm trying....

Do I now uinderstand correctly that you do not actually want to trigger the notes themselves, but only change the velocities? Or even more accurately: their articulation (the "openness" of the hats)? Do you play the drums with e&i keys or MIDIpads?

Which Drum plugin are you using? Some (like Drum Kit Designer) have much more steps between almost closed and fully open. And how it may respond to which CC may also be different from plugin to plugin. I think the Drum Kit Designer can, although I'd have to find out which CC controls the "hatseparation" or "hatgap".

I have a Alesis DM10 pro it sends CC4 for the foot control, and I own Superior Drummer 2, Yes The 2 Libraries I own

have like 24 articulations for the hi hats, and Superior Drummer works great, and I can edit the CC4 Curve to get closer to

what I want, but I cannot BYPASS completly some articulations, so that's why I just want to trigger 6 notes, not their velocities, the velocity will be set depending on the force I use ,,, to hit the hi hat,

I have a Alesis DM10 pro it sends CC4 for the foot control, and I own Superior Drummer 2, Yes The 2 Libraries I own

have like 24 articulations for the hi hats, and Superior Drummer works great, and I can edit the CC4 Curve to get closer to

what I want, but I cannot BYPASS completly some articulations, so that's why I just want to trigger 6 notes, not their velocities, the velocity will be set depending on the force I use ,,, to hit the hi hat,

Can you tell us within which range of CC4 are the sounds you want to use? If you say there are 24 hi hat articulations that can be controlled with CC4, you need to know which 2nd data byte values (numbers between 0 and 127) correspond with the sounds you want to isolate and use.

I edited your thread title to exclude "Velocities" as there are no velocities in control change messages.

Also, please Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.7)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.9.3)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)

• Memory (e.g. 2GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. Presonus AudioBox USB)

• MIDI Controller manufacturer and model (e.g. M-Audio Axiom Pro 49)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

Thanks.

J.

Hi Jordi that's another way to see it , but Superior Drummer 2 has only 1 note called "hatstrig" and uses the foot pedal "cc4" to change between all notes closed and open... using all the 12 articulations, the other way is every hi hat articulation has it's own note, that why I looking for, just a transfore that can trigger 4 notes or 3 that I choose and I assign,

the other way is every hi hat articulation has it's own note, that why I looking for, just a transfore that can trigger 4 notes or 3 that I choose and I assign,

OK, but you still want to use CC4 to switch from one articulation to the next, right? And what's the MIDI note that will be coming in from the Alesis?

J.

Glad to hear it! :)

Here's another version:

296849652_ScreenShot2014-08-03at14_21_03.png.7e1f0a56afe26cc110ad8b3464a580bf.png

This one lives in its own layer in the environment and lets you set the incoming note, remapped notes, and CC4 ranges.

Make sure the "Foot Control Remapper" track is selected when you want to use it (the data flows like this: Foot Control Remapper track > Macro > Software instrument channel strip).

This way only the software instrument that's on that channel strip will be affected, so you can create other tracks and not worry about them receiving the same remapped notes.

J.

Foot Control Remapper.zip

• 3 years later...