A technical support community for Apple Logic Pro users.

mdee
Topic Author

Are you using an iRig Blueboard?

Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:50 pm

Anyone using the iRig Blueboard? My intention would be to use it as a Transport Control while Recording. Currently I have a Sustain Pedal plugged into the back of my MOTU Audio Interface but it is setup to start Recording in LPX only. I still will have to lean forward and hit my iPad or Computer Keyboard to select Stop, Start, Rewind etc. I find that while playing the Guitar I keep smacking the edge on my DAW Workstation Furniture. So I'm thinking the Blueboard would come in handy and keep me from nicking up my Guitar.

Any thoughts would be helpful - Thanks!
27 inch iMac 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9 40GB Ram - macOS Catalina 10.15.6
Logic Pro X 10.5.1 - UA Apollo X6 - UAD-2 Quad Core Satellite TB3
MOTU 8Pre USB - Yamaha HS7 - MAudio Axiom 61 2nd Gen

anp27

Re: Are you using an iRig Blueboard?

Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:56 pm

mdee wrote:
Anyone using the iRig Blueboard? My intention would be to use it as a Transport Control while Recording. Currently I have a Sustain Pedal plugged into the back of my MOTU Audio Interface but it is setup to start Recording in LPX only. I still will have to lean forward and hit my iPad or Computer Keyboard to select Stop, Start, Rewind etc. I find that while playing the Guitar I keep smacking the edge on my DAW Workstation Furniture. So I'm thinking the Blueboard would come in handy and keep me from nicking up my Guitar.

Any thoughts would be helpful - Thanks!

I know this is several years too late but decided to post anyway to help people who might have searched for this.... it's pretty easy:

1. Hold down the "B" button on your iRig Blueboard whilst switching the Blueboard On (the switch on the back of the Blueboard).

2. On your Mac, go to Audio MIDI Setup/MIDI Studio/Open Bluetooth Configuration.

3. You should see your Blueboard pop up in the Bluetooth Configuration window, hit "Connect".

4. Done! You should be able to assign the buttons and even any external sustain/volume pedals connected to the Blueboard within Logic.
Mac mini (late 2012 Server) 2.3 Ghz i7, 16GB RAM Macbook Pro 15" (early 2011) 2.3 Ghz i7~2TB Samsung 860 QVO~16GB Ram~macOS Mojave 10.14.6~Logic Pro 10.5.1~Universal Audio Apollo Twin Duo Thunderbolt MKII~KORG microKEY2 61