Flex Pitch Issue

gno

I've got a Background Vocal clip that is in need of flex pitch. So I turn on the master Flex button, and then turn on the Flex button of the track. I then have to change the track's flex mode to Flex pitch (because it defaults to something else). When I press play, the Background Vocal clip plays out of time - it is like the clip is stretched in time - very slow. It's as if flex time was applied, although I never did anything like that to the clip. If I turn off the flex button on the track the clip plays normally. I can't use flex pitch because somehow the clip is time stretched as soon as I turn on the button. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this time stretching behavior?

I re-imported the audio clips and played around a bit. It seems that as soon as I turn on Flex Pitch, Logic chunks up the clips and may elect to move them in time. Some regions are left alone and all chunks play back in the original time. In other regions the chunks are moved all over in time - stretched or compressed in time. Very strange. I'm having to move them in place by stretching and moving these chunks. This is tedious. Is there a command to restore original audio clip timing? Why does it move the chunks around for some regions and not others? And why does it do it for Flex Pitch? I'm purposely not selecting flex time.

I will say that my project is full of time signature changes and tempo changes, so this may be throwing logic off.

Thanks Eric. It's strange because I kept trying to bring a fresh copies of the audio files into Logic through OMF import...I assume there is no tempo data in those audio clips? I assume the OMF track headers contain MIDI position info only - as to where the wave files are to start. If there is Tempo data imbedded in each Audio Clip that may explain the bizarre behavior.

I don't know much about the OMF file structures other than It's been working pretty well for me - I've imported a bunch of projects from Sonar so far with great success. Although this is my most complex project from a time signature and tempo standpoint.

At this point I'm finally done moving all the little chunks around. Even though it was tedious, I am continually amazed at how well the Logic tools work. They seem to make the most mundane tasks kind of fun.

• 4 years later...

I'm currently having this exact problem! I'm flex pitching some audio and when I turn it on, it gets super slow.

I deleted the tempo from all the audio sections in the track and I still have the same problem: I turn on Flex Pitch and it gets super slow.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...