Natural sign in Bb minor [SOLVED]

NewLogician

169374541_ScreenShot2015-01-10at10_46_34AM.png.b17c99b7dbae314e3704846eb151053e.png

B double flat is not A natural!

Hey folks,

This should be simple, but I am stumbling over putting a natural sign for the leading tone in Bb minor.

I've tried every Accidental option I can find, and Logic X shows be Bbb instead of the A-natural I want.

I dragged a natural sign from the Part Box and it turned my A-natural into a MIDI G-natural!!

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

David

Yes, you are right. And I appreciate the video. I went back and tried again (and again) and lo and behold it worked.

I still don't know why I had to try several times to get it to make the change. Probably human error owing to frustration?

I did post my mistake earlier, but of course retractions don't erase posts!

Thanks,

David

I do a lot of work in the score editor. It's a great place to utilize key commands for things just like this… I'm very aware of making things look nice and make sense when creating parts, and getting the sharps and flats right are a big part of that, especially in very chromatic music. Another important thing to do is use the "force accidental" to remind players to keep their sharps and flats when tied over the bar….I use the "F" key for that since I use it so much…

DanRad