Setting up Virus TI

philc80

Can someone please tell me how I can set up the Virus TI so that I can have more than one channel? The manual said that I need to use the same duplicate instrument channel but assign different midi channels... problem is when I try to assign different midi channels, all of the instrument channels end up having the same midi channel. I hope that makes sense.

Please help.. I'm about to pull my hair out and return the Virus.

go here and scroll down to almost the bottom. download a pdf called "Virus Control Tutorial"

http://www.access-music.de/downloads.php4?product=virustikeyboard

what you do is you create different instances of an audio/instrument track and assign ea one to a different midi channel. make sure your Mac and Virus Control have the new updates.

I actually already have this tutorial. The problem is, for instance, I'll duplicated Instrument1 so there are 3 or 4 instances. But when I go to change the midi channels, all of them change to the same number. Is there something else I need to do?

Have you used the virus ti logic template song?

Im learning how to use the ti with logic at the moment and this is really useful. As you can only use one virus ti plug per track, it shows you how to use all 16 channels in the virus itself, all channels from the ti go directly into one channel strip on the mixer. Its pretty hard to set it up, so have a look at the template song and see how it all works.

When you create different instances of your instrument 1 track are you creating them by chosing "create multiple"? The Virus Control is a little buggy (if not set up right) and its something that has been posted before on this forum. Try a search on this forum and you should be aware of (if you're not already), that in addition to the tutorial song provided by access, there is a pdf (you read it) file that outlines how to set up step by step. Did you read that? Do you know your environment very well? maybe there is something there. Try setting up in Logic first with your Virus unplugged from both the computer and itself. Then save it, then plug in the Virus, then turn it on. Go into VC and assign you midi channels.

I have a question for you. Is there a way to turn OFF the virus? Or is there only a sleep mode? The frustration I have with the VIrus Keyboard is you have to physically unplug it ever time you restart your program or start a new song in Logic. Because unplugging and powering it down fully, then powering back up resets everything. I end up unplugging it way more than I care to when in the studio. My Virus is in storage now but I'm pulling it out again in couple months and I hope and can get past any issues I had in the past because I gotta tell you, working with just plug ins in Logic aint going to cut it.

I remember though after I installed OS2 for the VC things got much better.

you ARE duplicatting the instruments in the environment , no? cause thats where u setup the the virus and THEN u go to the arrange and select what channel u want to play.

-go to the environment page

-create a new layer by click and holding the page botton from "audio" or "click and ports" to "create new"

-label that layer virus TI.

-create a instrument channel (virtual instrument) and select the virus ti as your plugin.

-make sure channel 1 is selected in the midi parameters box.

-then copy/paiste or click and hold to duplictate that instrument track , put it next to the other one and change the channel from 1 to 2.

-repeat 14 more times and each time change the midi channel number to reflect each copy

- make sure you press multi and single in the virus ti intself (though it shoudl default when u open the plugin)

-go to the arrange and click and hold on any track and select the virus TI layer and then channel 1.

-create with next instrument comand will create another virus track but this time with channel 2.

thats it. if it still doesnt work download the logc tutorial song and check out how they did there. analyze , compare and fix

• 7 months later...

Hi

I have just got myself the Access Virus TI Keyboard and am having difficulty in setting it up.

I have done the above and all so watched the tutorial but still stuck on setting up the Virus Control.

When am in the environment i have created a new layer named it Virus TI, once ive done this here is my problem. What do i do now as if i create a new channel strip the software instrument is grayed out.

So what i'd like to know is how do i go about setting up 16 instances of the same channel in the environment.

thanks

ive done it succcessfully in LP7 by choosing>multi-channel>VirusTi in an intrument's input box (lets say inst 1). Then simply create audio aux's. Set the first aux's input to virus Ti 2-3, the second aux to virus Ti 3-4 and so on....

Whats happening here is the aux's are hooked up to the multiple outputs from virus.

I havnt got my virusTi anymore and i cant remember how the midi triggering worked. Sure y'all can work it out tho.

hope that makes sense and helps!

Peace

Rummage :D