MOTU UltraLite mk3 No Sound [SOLVED]

audionews15

Did you choose the MOTU as an output device in Logic's preference? If you try to preview an apple loop from the loop browser, can you hear it?

Is the MOTU set up to hear your system sounds? Can you listen to a YouTube video from a browser through the MOTU?

Click this link to your signature and add your system information:

• Logic version and sub-version (e.g. Logic 10.0.7)

• OS X version and sub-version (e.g. OS 10.9.3)

• Computer (e.g. MacBook, Mac Pro, iMac)

• Processor (e.g. 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo)

• Memory (e.g. 2GB)

• Audio interface manufacturer and model (e.g. Presonus AudioBox USB)

• MIDI Controller manufacturer and model (e.g. M-Audio Axiom Pro 49)

(most of that information can be found by choosing Logic Pro X > About Logic Pro X, and  > About This Mac)

• 3 years later...
Hi All! Thank you for this wonderful resource to the developer. I have the MOTU ultralight Mark 3 and not been having issues until recently. Was running Sierra and logic. All of a sudden headphones wouldn’t work but could hear iTunes, not hear YouTube on Firefox but could on chrome. Went ahead and did the update to Mojave. Now can’t get anything through MOTU and Logic with or without headphones. Can still hear iTunes but not wit headphones. Can also hear YouTube on chrome not Firefox through speakers but not headphones. Logic won’t play unless use internal mic and speakers and can’t use keyboard or play back through speakers. Had allocated today to help son with music project and just screwed. LOL if you see this any help appreciated. Checked settings and they are all what are suggested and again believe I have drivers updated but maybe missing something

Hi All! Thank you for this wonderful resource to the developer. I have the MOTU ultralight Mark 3 and not been having issues until recently. Was running Sierra and logic. All of a sudden headphones wouldn’t work but could hear iTunes, not hear YouTube on Firefox but could on chrome. Went ahead and did the update to Mojave. Now can’t get anything through MOTU and Logic with or without headphones. Can still hear iTunes but not wit headphones. Can also hear YouTube on chrome not Firefox through speakers but not headphones. Logic won’t play unless use internal mic and speakers and can’t use keyboard or play back through speakers. Had allocated today to help son with music project and just screwed. LOL if you see this any help appreciated. Checked settings and they are all what are suggested and again believe I have drivers updated but maybe missing something

Check the Security and Privacy tab in System Preferences and make sure Logic has access to the hardware.

Ok added it where instructed, rebooted all and still nothing. Very frustrating before even with problem could hear YouTube through chrome and iTunes now neither. Tried it on MacBook Pro as well. Both have been updated to Mojave. I cannot express my gratitude for the effort so far and anyone that can help me to solve. Thank you.

• 1 year later...
Hello. I have a sound problem with my Motu Ultralite Mk4. I cant get any sound in or out of Logic using it. I have Input and Output device set to Motu. But there appears to be no signal to record. It's been so frustrating as I've had the Motu for about a year and haven't been able to use it! Is there something I need to check that I'm missing?

Hello. I have a sound problem with my Motu Ultralite Mk4. I cant get any sound in or out of Logic using it. I have Input and Output device set to Motu. But there appears to be no signal to record. It's been so frustrating as I've had the Motu for about a year and haven't been able to use it! Is there something I need to check that I'm missing?

The thread where you posted is an older, SOLVED thread. I suggest you start a new topic to describe your issue so that it can get the attention it deserves.