EastWest Symphonic Orchestra Notes Stuck on

I've got a project where some notes of Violins and Clarinet are not turning off. This project has worked fine in the past prior to El Capitan. When I solo one of these tracks, the problem seems to go away, However, even if it seems that the problem is gone, when I bounce, the problem comes back. It is not always repeatable, making me think there is a midi traffic issue where the midi note off signal didn't get received by Play. I increased the I/O buffer size to 1024 but that didn't fix it.

I hadn't updated Play for a while, and noticed there was a new version available, which I installed. But the problem persists even with the new version of play.

In addition to some of the notes sticking, I'm noticing that the Marimba timing isn't right. I've got notes on the Marimba that are "octave tripled" that are supposed to play in unison and you can hear that the notes aren't all playing together. If I stop playback and move the play head right before the marimba part, they play perfectly. So this has to be a Midi congestion problem. This never happened before El Capitan. This project is one of my largest - 59 tracks - mostly midi tracks using big sound libraries from EastWest, Vienna Symphony, Trilian, Superior Drummer. And Logic seems to be choking. But in reality my project is small compare to others using even larger libraries.

I've set my I/O buffer to 1024 and it doesn't seem to help. Sonar had a separate Midi note buffer, ( different from audio ) that used to take care of midi congestion problems like this. Does logic have any other buffers that I can set?

I had the same problem before. Fore me it was not a performance issue, but a problem with the sustain pedal. Are there multiple regions in your track? If so, check if the sustain pedals are correctly back to 0 where needed.

To make sure it resets, you can start your region that hangs with a 0-sustain pedal signal, and it won't hang. If you actually have the same problem that is.

Im not sure about your second problem, though.