Score: Filter all instruments=nothing

KC

Hello -

I haven't used the score editor in forever, so I must be doing something wrong, I have a project with 6 tracks: piano, and 5 string sections. I want to see all my string parts in a score. I set up a score set, but when I select it, I see nothing. When I select the filter to All instruments, I see nothing. The only way I can see any notation is to click on the Link to turn yellow and then select a midi region. But I can't select more than one region - it only shows the last one selected. With nothing selected, it says Create a Midi Region

When I deselect all the midi regions and select All Instruments from the filter, shouldn't I see the entire Score? What am I missing? I looked through the manual, it says to double check the link mode, which I did. Can't seem to get this to work.

I appreciate any help. Here's is a shot of my setup - 517154015_ScreenShot2016-04-22at2_19_22PM.thumb.png.4ae6048ee56582c40c2511ed7c397085.png

Thanks.

It doesn't look like you are in the correct project. You probably have multiple projects opened and you are viewing a blank one in the score editor. This is indicated by the fact it says "create a midi region" in the middle of the score editor window.

Try closing all your projects and reopen the one you want - then it should work.

Also (after the above is solved) - selecting a score set will not reveal what would expect if you are at the region level. So either make the the link purple ( which will ensure you never drop to the region level - (as this is the instrument level and will display all regions on a track). or if you want to use the yellow content link mode - then hit the up arrow button at least once - to go up out of the region level and then select your score set and all work work fine.

Based on your screen shot - the issue posted is related to the wrong project being opened in the score window.

Thanks Volovicg, that's a good thought. But I only have one project open. I even restarted Logic to see if there was an issue that crept in, but no go. Same results, I tried clicking through the various Link Modes, and nothing. I can get one of the tracks to show up in the Score editor, but not multiple.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

kc

1109330554_ScreenShot2016-04-22at9_52_13PM.thumb.png.3259458ad1cb78481307ece1f1ec8538.png

Ok I reproduced your issue - but I don't know what is going on.....

I reassigned the tracks to no outputs and two strange things I have never seen occured.

1/ highest level shows (create mdi region) - even though the regions exist

2/ The staff style is set to 0 and there is no dropdown.

One thing that is different than I normally do - is I started with a logic 9 project.

I will have to look into this further unless someone else can assist in the meantime -

something isn't right in Kansas!

1157630889_ScreenShot2016-04-22at11_47_18PM.thumb.png.a415ae670830934f2b6b82a496da3a8c.png