How to change the default view of all plugins.

The Spann
Go to solution Solved by Modigliano,

I had been searching everywhere for a way to change the default view of all plugins from 'Controls' to 'Editor' and ended up solving this myself.

To change the default view from 'Controls" to 'Editor' follow these simple steps:

1. Go to the main 'Logic Pro X' menu on the top right hand corner of your screen.

2. Scroll down to the first option 'Preferences' and select 'Display'.

3. Click on 'Mixer' in the second sub menu area of the popup.

4. With 'Mixer' selected go to the first option Plug-in Window and uncheck the 'Open in controls view' and your done.

Your plug-ins will now default to the nice looking Editor view.

Music is my Medicine!

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I had been searching everywhere for a way to change the default view of all plugins from 'Controls' to 'Editor' and ended up solving this myself.

To change the default view from 'Controls" to 'Editor' follow these simple steps:

1. Go to the main 'Logic Pro X' menu on the top right hand corner of your screen.

2. Scroll down to the first option 'Preferences' and select 'Display'.

3. Click on 'Mixer' in the second sub menu area of the popup.

4. With 'Mixer' selected go to the first option Plug-in Window and uncheck the 'Open in controls view' and your done.

Your plug-ins will now default to the nice looking Editor view.

Music is my Medicine!

This isn't working for me. Any other workaround?

Choose Logic Pro X > Control Surfaces > Bypass All Control Surfaces. Does that resolve the issue?

I have been trying to open the Plugins in their normal Plugin Interface. But the logic somehow opens all the plugins in the Control View. Interestingly the window shows “Editor” mode. When I click on the Editor button, the “Controls” mode is checked by default.

I have tried doing this: Display->Mixer->Uncheck the "Opens in Control View". After unchecking the box, when I go to a Plugin, the Black Controls View Window pops out again as opposed to a Plugins interface window! I have to manually select every time the "Spectrasonics View" for example.

Following the steps above, when I double check if I have not made any mistake, "Display->Mixer->Uncheck the "Opens in Control View", I see that the “Opens in Control View” box is automatically checked again!

Could you help? Thanks in advance.

have been trying to open the Plugins in their normal Plugin Interface. But the logic somehow opens all the plugins in the Control View. Interestingly the window shows “Editor” mode. When I click on the Editor button, the “Controls” mode is checked by default.

I have tried doing this: Display->Mixer->Uncheck the "Opens in Control View". After unchecking the box, when I go to a Plugin, the Black Controls View Window pops out again as opposed to a Plugins interface window! I have to manually select every time the "Spectrasonics View" for example.

Following the steps above, when I double check if I have not made any mistake, "Display->Mixer->Uncheck the "Opens in Control View", I see that the “Opens in Control View” box is automatically checked again!

Could you help? Thanks in advance.

You've quoted my question however you did not respond to it. Try my suggestion and let me know what you see?

Ok I remember this issue having something to do with control surfaces, recently discussed in this forum. Try a search, I'll try a search as well, if we find it let's link to it here.

Meanwhile, do you have a control surface installed under Logic Pro X > Control Surfaces > Setup?

Anything listed under Logic Pro > Preferences > Control Surfaces :: MIDI Controllers ?

Sounds good. I will link to this thread if I find a solution. In the meanwhile,

1. I do have a KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series setup under the Control Surface->Setup Tab

2. Under Logic Pro > Preferences > Control Surfaces :: MIDI Controllers Tab, I can see "M- Audio" USB Axiom 25 and the 'Auto' box is checked.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi David, tried disconnecting the devices and removing them. The problem still continues.

After disconnecting and removing the devices, Try to quit Logic and trash the control surface preferences files. To find that file, in the Finder, hold down Option while you click the Go menu (top of your screen) and choose Go > Library. Then go inside the Preferences file and find com.apple.logic.pro.cs and drag it to the trash, empty the trash, and reopen Logic.

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry, when I look at a plug in it automatically goes to control view. I know that I can manually change it by hitting the control button and changing it. However, I would like it to open the effect in editors view. I watched tutorials and checked forum on here. It said pref>display>mixer>open in controls view. When I follow these steps it does not show me the open in controls view prompt. Its not there at all?