A technical support community for Apple Logic Pro users.

Spex
Topic Author

Script Help. Chords to single note output

Sun May 08, 2016 12:05 pm

Hi !
It's my first post.
In Main Stage I have a situation where I need two sounds layered and the first sound plays a chord and the second sound only plays the top note of the chord.
A Poly to Mono script ? Does anyone have any idea where I can find something like this ?
Thanks !

Wayne :)

Spex
Topic Author

Re: Script Help. Chords to single note output

Sun May 08, 2016 4:11 pm

I thought I would try to explain this better.

The music passage I am playing needs 3 sounds.

A marimba, a pad, and a lead trumpet sound.

The marimba is playing 2 notes. I am using the arp plug in to fake a rapid mallet strike between the two notes. A Marimba roll.
The Pad is playing the same 2 notes with no arp plug in.
The Lead Trumpet sounds needs to be able to play ONLY the top note of the chord being played.
Right now if I add the trumpet sound on a layer it will obviously play everything on that key range (set the same as the pad and the marimba)
What I would like is a plug in that will scan what I am playing and only play the top note. Then I can have the trumpet sound playing just the lead melody line. I am playing something with my left hand already so I can't use that hand for the trumpet sound.

I hope this makes mores sense. Thank you for looking and if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear it. I have scoured the web and haven't been able to find the answer.

Mac Mini i7 Quad core, 16 gigs RAM, Yosemite OS, MainStage 3 (latest version), Reason 8 (latest version), Nektar P6, KX8, Audiobox1818, Alien Ears Monitors.

Thanks,
Wayne

Unheardofski

Re: Script Help. Chords to single note output

Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:48 pm

I have made a script earlier that sort of does this: Polyphonic Filter. But it is close to impossible to make it perfect because of legato notes blurring the logical line of what is the top note.
http://www.logicscripts.net
My website with both free and commercial scripts for Logic Pro X.
Logic 10.3.1 | OS X 10.12.4 | MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015) | 2,7 GHz Intel Core i5 | 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 |
Propellerhead Balance | Ableton PUSH 2 | Novation Launchkey 25 | Akai MPC Keys | M-Audio Oxygen 25 Blue | Akai LPK25