Drum group comping not working

yks

I am very familiar with recording and editing drumset recordings where all the simultaneously recorded tracks are grouped so I can swipe-comp using any one track.

Yesterday I recorded a session like this but the swiping isn't working. It only affects the one track I am working on.

I've tried re-doing group assignments. Have not tried unpacking and repacking take folders as that seems like a last resort (and I'm not optimistic it would work anyway).

Thanks for any suggestions how to make these grouped tracks behave!

Thanks for the response. As I mentioned, I am quite familiar with recording and editing drum groups. The "Editing (Selection)" box was not overlooked, and groups are definitely enabled. So why this one session has this problem (out of four I did on the same day, with the same drum setup) is mysterious. I would love to find a solution.

Hmm, OK so I know what the problem is now. For some reason when recording, the takes got out of sync. One of the take folders had an extra track in it. I have deleted that track and all the take folders look the same now, but the file names for the many tracks within the take folders are still not in sync, and they still won't swipe together.

Aaand... I tried unpacking each folder to new tracks, and repacking into new take folders, with no success. All the folders have the same structure now but file names remain different. Not sure what else I can attempt at this point. Renaming the individual take files, and trying the unpacking/packing again?

This problem must crop up for other people too, so still hopeful someone has had to go through this and knows exactly what will work!

SOLUTION FOUND!

After many a Google search to try and find an answer, a tip was found, which I will go and add to 'Tips and Tricks' here.

I'm somewhat embarrassed that the tip I found was in a very nearby thread...

http://www.logicprohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54823

I was able to re-sync all my drum take folders by merely making a cut across all of them, at the very beginning and ending of the song. Now the swiping appears to be working across all take folders.