"Modifier" Script for CC number between 32 and 63

arnte

Howdy,

I want to change key velocity value to CC41. I need this, to play my KORG Volca FM with Velocity. It has a velocity parameter but it's not controlable via key velocity but with CC41. Don't ask me why... ;)

Normally this change from key vel to CC would be very easy doable with the modifier plug in. But the modifier plug in don't offer the CC numbers from 32 to 63. So i can't use it.

But i guess it should be easy to use the MIDI Scripter plugin instead. All i need is a script. :)

Any help would be much aprecciated!

Okay, it works so far. Thanks again!

BUT, the CC is send AFTER the NoteOn. So my VolcaFM synth just reacts on my Vel Key everytime one note to late :(

What i need now, is a script, that not only changes the CC (from maybe 12 to 41) but also block the NoteOn message till the changed CC was send.

Can someone help me again?

• 3 weeks later...

Here ya go! This script will take the velocity value of each notes and output CC#41 messages with that value before the note is output from the script. You can see that the order of operations is very straight-forward: upon receiving a Note On message where the velocity is not equal to zero (that's a Note Off message), a CC #41 message is sent outputting that value. Only after that can the note be sent.

function HandleMIDI(e) {

if (e instanceof NoteOn && e.velocity !=0) {
 var cc = new ControlChange();
 cc.number = 41;
 cc.value = e.velocity;
 cc.send();
 cc.trace();
}

e.send();
e.trace();
}

Hi Ski,

thank you very much for your help!

I just got a solution some weeks ago and posted it in a seperate thread (viewtopic.php?f=45&t=127024), just to be safe, that anyone else who is using a Volca FM and Logic can find it.

But it's very good, that you posted your solution here too.

And your script is also better, because you ignore velocity=0. That helps prevent misinterpreting for "note off".

Thank you again!