Logic 9 Crashes On 'Bounce' In macOS Sierra

RowdyPants
Go to solution Solved by Eric Cardenas,

Hi all.  Yes, I realize this is a Logic X forum but still thought someone might be able to help.

I'm running Logic Pro 9.1.8 on macOS Sierra 10.12

When I go to 'bounce' Logic crashes.  I've tried:

• running in 32-bit and 64-bit modes
  • deleting the .plist file (~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.logic.pro.plist)
  • deleting the AU cache file (~/Library/Caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache)
  • removing 3rd party plug-ins (~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins)
  • bouncing other projects (to no avail)
  • disabling non Apple Audio Units

Any suggestions?

@triplets Thank you.

Logic goes down before the Export Dialog even pops up.  Sad day :(

I went ahead and ran Disk Utility to see if it was a permissions issue.  Corruption was found so I restarted while holding the command + R keys together to get to Disk Utility in Recovery mode.  I ran First Aid and the disk was checked and repaired.  Logic runs well just as before but the 'Bounce' function is still not happy.

I have the same problem here. Been disabling whatever I can. Logic pro 9 crashes before the Bounce meny even opens. Will search for a solution and post it if I find one. The first that comes to mind is upgrading to LP X. Will it upgrade 9 or be installed as a separate program?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
Sorry for the thread necro, but i'm not finding a lot of info out there on the web. Is this the only serious problem running Logic 9.x on Sierra? i'm debating bringing my El Capitan boot volume up to Sierra and i'm not ready to spend $200 on Logic X. i still have a Snow Leopard boot volume, so it's not a catastrophe if this doesn't work out for Logic 9.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
@dysamoria Good news, Logic Pro 9.1.8 now happily bounces projects in macOS Sierra 10.12  We'll see about the upcoming High Sierra but it's functional for now.

There have been reports in the MacRumors forum where some guy tried installing Logic 9.1.8 on High Sierra and the app doesn't load. Also, have you read this: https://www.macrumors.com/2017/08/23/apple-older-pro-apps-macos-high-sierra-incompatible/