customize velocity colors

rjawad001

Hello,

I'm looking at a midi region in the piano roll window. If I right-click, I can view the region by velocity colors. This is basically what I want, but the problem is I want to customize the color. For example, if a note has a velocity of 70, I want it to be red. If it has a velocity of 65, I want it to be green.

Is there a way to do this?

Thank you,

--Ryan

Atlas, it's been my understanding that even LPX Colorizer cannot alter the colors of the notes in Piano Roll. I would have happily pursued it, particularly for the much-maligned similarities between some adjacent MIDI channels when Set Note Color > By MIDI Channel is selected.

Has anyone on the forum successfully used that program for this purpose?

Hi Atlas,

Thank you for the info. For some reason I don't get emails from this website. I used a work-around that is ok: I split the track into two tracks, stacked vertically. I then delete some of the notes in one track and delete the other ones in the other track. One track is the complement of the other. Then I color each track as I like, and select them both so that they show up together in the piano roll.

If this is too much of a pain, I will look into your suggestion.

Thanks again.

Hi Atlas,

Thank you for the info. For some reason I don't get emails from this website. I used a work-around that is ok: I split the track into two tracks, stacked vertically. I then delete some of the notes in one track and delete the other ones in the other track. One track is the complement of the other. Then I color each track as I like, and select them both so that they show up together in the piano roll.

If this is too much of a pain, I will look into your suggestion.

Thanks again.

Thanx for sharing your work around!