A technical support community for Apple Logic Pro users.

BeatsbyRay1
Topic Author

Klopfgeist clipping at different levels on different projects

Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:04 am

i was trying to create a click track and i first opened up a new session and loaded up the Klopfgeist, i usually set the volume on the instrument to 12db and the track volume to 6db, basically crank everything, and the track clipped at 6.1db which is normally what i see. After finishing the song i moved on to another song and another session where i did the same thing, opened up the klopfgeist and set the volume to 12db and the track to 6db but this time i noticed the track peaking at 10.8 db. why is there such a difference in the clipping level with the same settings?

TheUncannyValley

Re: Klopfgeist clipping at different levels on different projects

Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:16 am

BeatsbyRay1 wrote:
i was trying to create a click track and i first opened up a new session and loaded up the Klopfgeist, i usually set the volume on the instrument to 12db and the track volume to 6db, basically crank everything, and the track clipped at 6.1db which is normally what i see. After finishing the song i moved on to another song and another session where i did the same thing, opened up the klopfgeist and set the volume to 12db and the track to 6db but this time i noticed the track peaking at 10.8 db. why is there such a difference in the clipping level with the same settings?

You might want to try just going back to the original project with the Klopfgeist settings you like and saving it as a preset. I have very specific click settings I like and saved it as a preset. Now anytime I need it, it’s right there in the preset menu, ready to load into any project.

As far as why your seeing different levels with the same settings, it could be a number of things. First thing I would check is to make sure your output and master channels are set at unity (0) in each project.
"There are no 'things', only processes." Lee Smolin

Logic Pro X 10.4 & 10.2.4 - macOS 10.12.6 - Mac Pro 3.33GHz 6-core - 32GB RAM
Pro Tools 11, Live 10, Melodyne 4, Weiss Saracon
Late-2013 iMac i7 | Late-2009 iMac Core2Duo
iPad Pro 10.5" 2nd Gen | Windows 7 Laptop
Synths, guitars, basses, drum machines & a guiro.