Pro X - switch midi channel mid track?

Raystrack
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

Hi - I'd like to set up one track with a Kontakt multi and then switch between the instruments/articulations using automated midi channel change. Keeping it on one track will make score editing easier. I've tried entering channel changes in the Event Editor but it doesn't work. Any help appreciated.

Can you detail what you mean by automated MIDI channel change exactly? MIDI channels are embedded in each MIDI event's data, so each MIDI Note has its own channel. So by giving each MIDI note the desired channel you should get the articulation you want. How are you entering your notes exactly: manually, pencil tool, step recording, live recording...?

That's interesting. In the Event Editor I altered all the subsequent notes as suggested and it had no effect. However, when I set up a track using East West's Orchestra with different instruments on each channel it worked. That doesn't help with articulation switching but at least I see that using Event Editor does enable a channel switch mid-track - so thanks for that :-).