Arranger and Master Track Automation

marbel8
Go to solution Solved by marbel8,

When moving arranger tabs around, automation on the master track doesn't want to move along with them correctly. Sometimes it over compensates, sometimes is seems to not move at all. I've tried creating clips where the automation is which seems to work sometimes, or it's just a coincidence.

Does anyone know of a solution? Thanks

My solution is to not use Arrangement markers, instead I use Edit > Cut/Insert Time options. For example:

Drag the marker you want to move to the ruler (or drag a cycle area corresponding to the section you want to move) and choose Edit > Cut/Insert Time > Cut Section Between Locators.

Now position the playhead where you want to move that section to, and choose Edit > Cut/Insert Time > Insert Section at Playhead.

• 1 month later...
  • Solution

I've found another way around this issue that still allows for arrangement track use; rather than using track automation, I've converted everything to region automation. This ties the automation inextricably to regions so it can't get disconnected in the shuffle. Painting in clips on the master channels (which seem to be the main culprits) allows for this on those channel types as well.

For anyone wanting to use this work around on a project with existing automation, select tracks and go to the Menu -> Mix -> Convert Automation -> Convert All Track Automation to Region Automation.

Edited by marbel8