Old project crash in Logic Pro 10.5

musos

Makes no difference how I open the file. I've tried [Open File], double-clicking from the Finder and also choosing from Recent files from the Mission Control dock. The result is always a crash.

Yes, I rebooted from Disk Recovery, ran First Aid, then rebooted as normal.

No difference...

I am seeing an odd behavior with the demo project "Colors". If I try to open a "locked" screenset (5 or 6 in this case) I get an empty screen and the menu says "no project open". I can't get back to screenset 1. Have to close the project and re-open. Hmmm.

Makes no difference how I open the file. I've tried [Open File], double-clicking from the Finder and also choosing from Recent files from the Mission Control dock. The result is always a crash.

Yes, I rebooted from Disk Recovery, ran First Aid, then rebooted as normal.

No difference...

reinstall logic? delete the preferences? something unusual is happening... and is this happening with all of your logic files? or just one (or a few)..?

I'm trying to open several 10.4.x projects in Logic 10.5 and many of them crash the whole app - if I try to play, or change screensets, anything. Only 1 project opens and works so far.

Anyone else having problems?

I have the same problem. Every time that I try to use Replika or Replika XT, Logic crash. I found this:

https://support.native-instruments.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360011005538-Latest-update-of-Logic-Pro-10-5-could-crash-Massive-X-Crush-Pack-Mod-Pack-Replika-and-Replika-XT-en-us-

“Thank You” all your explorers out there reporting it’s new software. It will take time to get all the bugs out. I would install it on another drive not on ones main computer. Keep creating not scratching ones head reading posts on sites like this.

reinstall logic? delete the preferences? something unusual is happening... and is this happening with all of your logic files? or just one (or a few)..?

I haven't tried reinstalling Logic yet.

This crash happens on most of my files, but not all of them.

Another strange thing:

On a recent project that actually did open, the tracks were not playing back perfectly in time. After closing the project and then re-opening, the tracks were in sync.

There are clearly some issues that the Logic Devs didn't catch...

I am having the same problem. Apparently you are supposed to save your earlier version of the app but i was not given this warning by the App store today.

Do you have a Time Machine backup? (If not, why not?)

Just restore Logic 10.4.8 from there.

I just did that (Re-named and kept 10.5) and all my projects play perfectly as before.

I suppose I'll just have to live without all the new features until 10.5.1 . . . or 10.5.2

Hopefully everyone finding bugs will submit reports and feedback to Apple:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

I found the problem.

The projects that are crashing for me all have Spectrasonics instruments with automation.

In Logic 10.5 it seems that automation for these instruments is broken.

If I load a Logic instrument (eg Sculpture) I get this:

Sculpture.jpg.6d7d6f2bc365d4ac93525537b80a4519.jpg

There are options to automate Smart Controls, other Logic parameters plus Sculpture parameters.

If I load Omnisphere, I see this:

586821917_Omnispherein10.5.jpg.e6fe2f6625ddf4161d316f54d668f5e3.jpg

As you see, there is no option to automate Omnisphere parameters.

In Logic 10.4.8, I see this:

1171384254_Omnispherein10.4.8.jpg.ada8a7dc158f4bcc1a73808f5475b362.jpg

There is a menu item for Omnisphere automation.

I have reported this to Spectrasonics and to Apple.

Interesting, Native Instruments problems mentioned on their website are on more recent products. Automation seems to be a big issue, it took NI a long time to get it sorted out with 10.4... Fortunately my current projects don’t require a pseudo-Ableton approach. I finally have a fairly stable system (High Sierra, Logic 10.4.6) running now so I will be waiting and watching...

I am seeing an odd behavior with the demo project "Colors". If I try to open a "locked" screenset (5 or 6 in this case) I get an empty screen and the menu says "no project open". I can't get back to screenset 1. Have to close the project and re-open. Hmmm.

The fix - execute the "Lock/Unlock Screenset" command. Switch to a screenset (like press 1). Now I can navigate to the unlocked screenset...odd bit, that.

• 1 year later...
Yeah I'm Having this problem as well, I try to open a Session I did yesterday and logic crashes upon trying to open it! Logic opens in a Template or Empty session with all the plugins installed..Not sure what gives..everytime I do a SAVE AS it freezes! I've tried working off the internal SSD as well as an external and it still behaves the same way!