Varispeed not working (Well kind of working)

Go to solution Solved by triplets,

Hi. Having problems with Varispeed. Its working on some tracks but not others. All tracks were recorded with same gear, using the same setting and inputs. When I activate Varispeed I get 3 tracks to speed up and 3 produce no audio. The 3 tracks that work were a problem initially. Got some slight crackling. Cutting in and out. But then randomly started to work. I read that having input monitoring deselected helps. That worked but that seems seriously hacky for a piece of software apple owns and produces. Flextime isnt enabled if that matters. Just trying to use speed only. Have closed and relaunched Logic several times.

Screenshot is of what I'm looking at.

Logic Pro 10.5

Macbook pro running 10.15.4

Focusrite clarett 3.5

577423463_ScreenShot2020-05-22at11_03_03AM.thumb.png.dc3d2c47135cf81ff2722d3235d16bde.png

Awesome! Good answer! That worked. Can you tell me why some tracks worked and some didn't? Also, why was it checked to begin with? Should I only uncheck it while using Varispeed or leave it unchecked always? I've recorded hundreds and hundreds of tracks and only now does it seem to be a problem. How will I have to do things differently with that box unchecked? Mostly thanks for your help. I appreciate it.

• 4 months later...

Thanks to this thread, I can attest that the problem with hearing no audio while using Varispeed Speed Only mode is the Input Monitoring option being selected!

It's not really discussed as anywhere that Input Monitoring will cause a problem with Varispeed, but I guess the manual at least gives the following warning (from the

Work with Tracks section https://support.apple.com/guide/logicpro/turn-on-input-monitoring-for-audio-tracks-lgcpbfbefa96/mac):

Note: Input monitoring always involves some latency. The amount of latency depends on the audio hardware and the driver settings. In certain configurations, it may be best not to turn on input monitoring, to obtain the best possible timing. Route the signal you want to record directly to headphones or a monitoring amplifier—and to the audio interface inputs, for recording. You won’t accidentally overdrive your A/D converters, because the input level meters display a clipping warning if an overload occurs.

Since others might be similarly frustrated when these interactions are not documented, I thought I would also add the error message I get when toggling input monitoring on and off (which message I find somewhat puzzling, but I'm guessing will make someone here go, Ah!)

2063568208_ScreenShot2020-10-21at4_07_10PM.png.d35a41a38d4e73de3cbb375cdd74bd9d.png