Change grid divisions in arrangement, not piano roll

wmontillo
Go to solution Solved by David Nahmani,

I'm using the new drum machine designer (DMD) to create a beat. I start by throwing a bunch of samples to the DMD, arranging them using the Step Sequencer, then converting it to MIDI, and finally separating it by note pitch so I can have each sample on a different track. The Step Sequencer makes it really easy to see how each of the samples fit in the grid, compared to the other samples out there (kick, snare, hi-hats, etc).

However, when I arrange the beat to turn it into a song, I need to add a few 808 and noise samples in different sections. Since my original beat is already in MIDI and divided in different tracks, the new samples cannot be played using the Step Sequencer but in MIDI via the piano roll, each on its own track. Therefore, Logic's arrangement grid division makes it super hard to visually understand the positions of the new samples compared to the other MIDI tracks:

1140587960_Tracksview.png.9b586413f0dc7a4ade37fe60f2f7d7f1.png

I know I can change the grid division in the piano roll but that wouldn't solve the problem, as I need to see relative positions between tracks, not within the same track. I also tried consolidating all the tracks again into a single track, but that's cumbersome and doesn't work.

is there a way to change grid divisions in the arrangement view? If not, how could I get a better visual sense of how the new samples are positioned with respect to the other samples of the beat if I cannot use the Step Sequencer anymore?

Thank you!

Oh! The solution was in front of my eyes and I couldn't see it :S

Thank you David!!

Btw, I found an alternative solution to my original problem: duplicate the DMD region and keep one in Step Sequencer mode while the other one is converted to MIDI. In that way, you will not have lost the Step Sequencer option.