Stop tempo import from midi file.

JCcares
Go to solution Solved by Goergtn,

Hi guys,

I've been trying to figure this out & no help so far from any forum, although it could be a simple issue.I posted this here on this thread where users seldom frequent I guess ! viewtopic.php?f=10&t=148306&p=778605#p778605

Anyway the questions is pertaining to how I can stop tempo information from a 3rd party midi/audio file from being imported into Logic.Been having some issues with BFD3 tempo disrupting Logic's project tempo.This happens even when the project tempo is on 'Keep mode' !

If someone can help it would be great.Thanks.

I had a similar problem with MIDI files taken from Superior Drummer. Turned out I had turned off the notification (“Don’t ask me again”) about importing tempo info. All of sudden (with 10.5 ?) instead of never importing tempo info, it was always importing tempo info.

Try checking the notifications tab in the General area of your preferences.

I had a similar problem with MIDI files taken from Superior Drummer. Turned out I had turned off the notification (“Don’t ask me again”) about importing tempo info. All of sudden (with 10.5 ?) instead of never importing tempo info, it was always importing tempo info.

Try checking the notifications tab in the General area of your preferences.

Thanks for the valuable info.The 'import tempo' setting was it available within Superior Drummer or Logic?

https://www.logicprohelp.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=148406&p=776793#p776793

That's my original post and how i figured it out.HTH

Thank you.That was a simple fix thank to your info.Really appreciate it.I am going to post what you had mentioned there so other's can find it here:

"In prefs/notifications I had “Import tempo info?” shut off (Don’t show this again). However, it was set to always import tempo data. Set it to DON’T import - all is fine now.

Put this out there if there is any other forgetful dopes like me."

(BTW Notifications can be found in the General tab under Preference)

It would help if you could share a very specific workflow where this occurs: new project? How do you import the MIDI file exactly? Do you get an alert? Etc. In fact if you share how to reproduce and attach an example MIDI file to this thread then that makes it even easier for us to help.

Thanks.Got it resolved thanks to Goergtn .