Why aren't these tracks soloing!!?

saddlemeyer227

I’m confused. I have a kick/bass summing stack and for some reason whenever I solo a track in this group all the other instruments in the group keep playing.

But just in the group! All the other tracks in the project mute as expected.

And FWIW, none of my other summing stacks exhibit this issue. Every other track in the project works solos normally.

I double checked - each of the tracks in the Bass/Kick summing stacks is assigned to a discrete channel in the inspector.

I’ve attached a screenshot of the mixer and labelled it with possibly relevant information, but I’m totally confused. What did I do!??

Thanks for any help! It’s driving me crazy that I can’t solo these tracks while I fiddle with their respective sound design.

2084921273_ScreenShot2020-06-30at11_39_01AM.png.cc2dba2721ac0aa45d6cf7e7ebb9c082.png

Not sure I know what you mean by "solo-safe"

Solo safe is when you see a red-slash thru the Solo button on a channel.

It means it always plays even when other channels are being soloed.

Logic templates use it for the Prelisten channel on track 256.

You activate Solo-safe by Control-clicking the Solo button. Do the same to deactivate.

Ok, so it looks like I indeed have three solo-safe tracks receiving input via Bus 2 (the problematic summing stack). "Selection-based Processing A", "Selection-based Processing B" and "Prelisten". I'm unclear why these would be receiving input from Bus 2 since I didn't knowingly assign them. Perhaps I did it unintentionally when I was setting up the project?

Should I reassign their inputs or ⌃+click their solo buttons as you mentioned?

Also, any insight into what these 3 tracks accomplish would be greatly appreciated :) :)

Best!

• 2 weeks later...

So glad to learn about selection-based processing - how did I miss this? BUT for some reason, no audio when I click preview. Any idea why? Somewhere in preferences?

Have a region selected, go to s-b p, in cog got solo and cycle option automatic, can see in the mixer the new tracks for previewing, all looks to be in order, but no sound coming through preview - while I can see the green bars moving.

Any idea why? Thanks!

It works in both a new empty project and on a different old one, so it's something in my current project. I am new to signal flow issues, and here I think it relates as I hear/see an audio track 'armed' to record - hear every click I make in my ears - makes sense if that takes precedence over prelisten. But I don't know how to 'unarm' it so that I have 'regular' audio coming through my headphones and I can edit. Could that be the issue? Thanks for your help! I'm a real Newbie.