Basic Orchestral Environment

This is a response from people on the apple logic board who wanted to know how i set up my environment for orchestral work. The environment i am posting here is one from a project i recently did, although i have stripped it right down. there are no interesting score styles here. this is just a very basic orchestral template for work that involved a lot of electronic sounds as well (all stripped out).

i thought about posting up my full orchestral template but i think it is really too complex to be of much use to anyone. but if anyone is that keen i will post it.

Basic Orchestral Template.lso.zip

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hmm sorry to take so long replying.

you can use this to convert program changes to midi channel. you need to either:

1. simply use a key command to change the midi channel of the notes in your region. if the notes midi channel is 1, the violins play arco, if it is 2 they play pizz, etc etc. there is a disadvatage to this....

2. or you use cable switchers transformers and/or channel splitters to convert the notes you have coming out of your region to specific midi channels by using some other data type to make the switch.

so if you were using program changes, the program change would switch cables in the cable switcher, routing the data through a transformer set to convert 'all notes to channel 'x'.

sounds complicated but isn't, just follow the instructions in the previous paragraph whilst setting it up in the environment. its actually sefl evident and no harder than setting up your TV with a DVD VHS and a playstation.