automatic volume readjusting

zze43

I have Logic Pro 8 and whenever I adjust the volume of a certain track (up or down), it automaticly readjust back to -9.2 and it is really frustrating me because I can't get the levels I want. Does anybody know why it is doing this or how to fix it? I'm dying here. Thanks alot! :)

hmm. . . okay I looked at chapter 26 but it doesn't say anything specifically about that. I tried a few things but still the volume for most of the individual tracks keeps going back to -9.1 after a few bars if not automatically. It's driving me crazy.

ok i found it. In the hyper editor menu it was those event block things under volume but I don't understand how those got there or what exactly they were?

The volume adjust even when I am not recording and just playing along to other tracks. Anyway to get rid of this?

I don't know how they get there either, but it hasn't happened to me in a long time...

Save your work. If you are certain the 'block thing' is causing the problem, simply select it and delete it. If that corrected the problem, save your work.

You say you have many tracks doing this?

Make sure your MIDI controller isn't sending out volume changes when you're recording MIDI performances. (like the many controllers these days that have knobs and sliders). If those move even a little bit when you're recording, they can send out pesky little volume changes.

It's mostly synth and drum tracks that are doing it. But all of them do the moving down to -9.1. After I record I can go in and delete the blocks but it's really bugging me that I can't record at the volume that I want to. And my midi keyboard is fine. I'm positive its not my keyboard.

"If it is not the automation then check in your event edit list to find the event that is setting your CC#7 (volume) back to 9.1"

I'm new to Pro Tools, I know what automation is but could you explain this to me as you would to a really bad newbie? I really appreciate the help man. -Z