XSKey Not Found!

FreakShow

I went to open Waveburner this morning and got the error "XSKey Not Found! Please connect the XSKey to any USB port". I checked Logic Pro and got the same error message. I then tried pluging the dongle into various USB ports on my hub and keyboard all with the same resulting error. I then ran System Profiler and the XSKey shows up in the USB list. I also ran XSKey Updater and got the message "No Update Found. This XSKey does not need an update. This XSKey is fully functional". I had just updated Logic Pro to V7.2.1, is is possible the update somehow affected my license?

• 4 months later...

Out of curiosity, was there any resolution to this issue? The reason I ask is that my key just did the same thing.

I used it on the MacBook Pro, removed it, and then tried to use it on the G5. Now I get the "XSKey Communication Error" prompt.

I looked at the XSKey applkication to check what the key has authorized, and it was blank. I re-entered the auth code a number of times (because it didn't work), and received a variety of messeges. I got "Authorization code accepted", "OTP Code Accepted", "Final code accepted", and "Code rejected".

The final outcome is that the key still won't work.

Regards,

K. Lamb

Here'a fix for the problem I outlined in my last post.

As a long shot I decided to try running the XSKey update application (found on the LP7.2 DVD), and it has corrected the problem. That said, the first time I ran the update application it said the process failed and to try again. When I tried it second time the update application said the key was already fully authorized.

Logic now loads as expected.

Regards,

K. Lamb