Problem with Midi Sport UNO

erenemusic

I connected my digital piano to my computer via M-Audio Midi Sport UNO.

Logic is detecting the device but there is no sound when I record and I cannot get my keyboard to play any software instrument. My keyboard has a MIDI output, but can I use it as a MIDI controller? I believe to use software instruments I just need to add a new track "software instrument" right?

Thanks!

I just checked and with my computer's keyboard I get software sounds. does it mean that my digital piano can't be a midi controller even if it had a MIDI output? Also I tried downloading the drivers for my Midisport uno and my computer freaks out, I needed to unistall it. Do I even need the drivers if Logic is already detecting the device?

Thanks again!

I can see numbera and # signs on that bar when I play the keyboard. and when I open a new MIDI track on the right side of the screen I see 'GM device' 'Other device' 'USB Midisport uno'.

The output led on the Midisport uno is not lit.

I don't know if it needs drivers but when I tried downloading them my computer stopped running smoothly, almost as if the files where corrupted or something (I downloaded them from the M-Audio website for my Mac). Logic Pro > Preferences >

Unfortunately it's not working. I've opened a new software instrument track and tried playing my keyboard but no sound. Bummer, it's getting me stuck. I may have to get some to look at it. I tried connecting another keyboard I have but I'm getting the same response, which is none.

By the way my keyboard doesn't have a 'local off' switch, I just simply turn the speakers off or the volume all the way down, I wonder if that has something to do with the problem. File > Project Settings >

Hey, stop clicking the "Locations" links at the type of your post? Those insert the red menu paths you see at the end of your posts. I've deleted most of them... :lol:

1) Setup a new session with a software instrument, choose a sound.

2) Press caps lock, play keys on your computer keyboard - do you hear sound? Yes? Then continue...

3) Play notes on your musical keyboard - do you hear sound? Yes? Good. No? Continue...

4) As you're playing notes on your musical keyboard you should see them on the MIDI In display (i.e.: little note symbol, C#2 76 when pressing a C#2 key with a velocity of 76 - same thing but with a strike through the little note symbol when you release the key). Do you see it?

Sorry, I don't think I clicked on anything, but if you say so I may have done it by accident, I'm new to this forum.

Yes, I'm seeing the note symbols and the velocity numbers yet I'm not getting any sound when I play my keyboard. I have no problems when I play the computer's keyboard, I can play the sound I selected.

• 3 weeks later...

This may or may not be the problem. M Audio has a recall going on for the Midisport Uno. Look at the serial number (printed on the bottom of the unit) and if the third digit is a number 8, you may have one of the recalled units.

The following Serial Number range of USB MIDISPORT Uno’s is affected:

The important Numbers to reference are the first 3 digits. The third digit MUST be an eight. So we’re looking for numbers 318, 328, 338, 348, 358 etc up to 458. What are the FIRST 3 digits of your SN?

Please check for the Serial Number located on the bottom of the shell pack, next to the Bar Code; or if the packaging has been discarded the Serial Number is also located on the bottom of the actual UNO device.

the link: http://forums.m-audio.com/announcement.php?f=10

• 7 years later...
To add to the discussion: I just tried connecting a Roland A30 midi keyboard controller to my mac via the Midisport Uno USB. I did notice that when I went to the m-audio site to download the driver that they seem to have drivers only up to OS 10.10.1, I'm using OS 10.10.5 but the 10.10.1 driver works. Make sure you use a software instrument track and not an External MIDI track as David Nahmani notes. I came to this thread because I was using the wrong track so that bit of info really helped. My midisport is fairly old too, there is no serial number marking on the device so I was glad that it was not on a recall list.Thanks.