One side of headphones only...

Apogee Duet, brand new, hooked up yesterday.

Logic & iTunes only plays one side of my headphones (left) and I tried another set of headphones just in case. Tried every single button, fader, combination, preference, etc..... I'm beginning to think both headphones have a blown out right side???? Could the headphone jack on the Duet be faulty?

Thanks

I'm unfamiliar with the Duet, but could this be a mono/stereo issue? This same things happens when a lot of people (myself included) first plug a guitar into their computer and it's only in the left ear. Things without two different signals for left and right (like a guitar) need to be set in mono to be heard in the left and right ears.

If that's not it, then sorry for the lengthy description.

Thanks for the replies.

Firstly, I checked the headphone input and it's solid. I also made sure both headphones were plugged in all the way.

Secondly, I cannot even get iTunes to play through both the left & right headphones so I have to believe it's a Duet issue. My speakers sound great, both sides work wonderfully.

I sent an email to Apogee but their customer service doesn't open until 9:00am (PST)?????? That means 12:00 noon for those of us on the East Coast. Quite honestly I am ready to throw this thing against the wall.

:x

Believe this?

I just got back from Guitar Center and the problem was I had a mono adaptor on the ends of BOTH pairs of headphones. It cost me $3.00 for a stereo adaptor for my headphones and the problem is fixed. Also, I got 1/4 to 1/4 speaker cords to cut down on the slight hiss but they were no different than the XLR to RCA (with adaptors to 1/4") so I'm taking them back tomorra. Thanks for your help folks.

PS. I just tried that interface speaker test and were all good. Thanks triplets