how to use multiband compressor?

Try doing a search on YouTube. :)

Thanks for replying...

I did a search on youtube before I asked the question here. It seems that the only "multipressor" or multi-compressor vids on there are from "expertvillage"... and those vids, if you haven't seen them, are terrible.

Basically, they're about 45 seconds long, and contain this dialogue: "so, yeah, uhh, this is the multipressor plugin from Logic Pro, and you..uh, would use it by simply clicking on it then moving around these little things to ...compress.. in multiple way." :lol:

oh well. There was a good article in a music-tech magazine recently on using one - and it helped. I was just trying to actually see one in action instead of reading an article.

Thanks, though!

Yeah, I worked with your tutorial for a bit today and I really like the end result. I'll keep working with it as I find it pretty interesting.

I was mainly looking for a tutorial on 'mastering' with a multi-band since I had a particularly problematic section a song with a boomy/muddy low end I was trying to get rid of. In the end, I asked the mixing engineer to revisit the mix and pull out the offending frequencies, which happened to be in the acoustic guitar track. Yuck!

I love learning new things, so I really appreciate the help you give!

Lagerfeldt, I was just playing with this and noticed that when I soloed the Aux channel that I could hear a chattering kind of distortion on low level passages.

At first I tried moving the Peak/RMS level back and that had to go to about 45 before the distortion mostly went away. After returning the Peak/RMS setting to zero, I then tried raising all the Attacks to 1 ms and that pretty much did the job. Acceptable compromise? Will this still do what it's supposed to do?