Using Digi 002 with Logic Pro 9

ryan7585

Hey guys, I just got a Digi 002 and I'm having a hard time getting it to work properly with Logic. It detects the inputs and they work, but there's latency and the Digi 002 seems to be in this dumb mode where it can't do anything but be an input.

Is this a common problem? I thought you were supposed to be able to use them together?

Welcome to the world of crappy Digidesign drivers!

You have to go to the Digi website to see which drivers to use for the Digi 002 if you're using Logic 9 under Leopard or Snow Leopard.

I couldn't find anything at their site, do you happen to have a link?

Yeah I saw that, regarding getting it to work with Logic I don't see anything there.

I think I'm just gonna sell it. Any reccomendations on something I could get with as good or better preamps? And at least 8 of them? (I didn't know the Digi 002 only had 4 when I got it-- blast!)

Any reccomendations on something I could get with as good or better preamps? And at least 8 of them? (I didn't know the Digi 002 only had 4 when I got it-- blast!)

Metric Halo, RME, Apogee, Motu. For the control surface features, either the Euphonix MC or the Mackie Control.

Be dead sure you have removed every smidge of the Digi core audio and MIDI drivers before installing a new interface. Lest you be cursing the day you were born!

Any reccomendations on something I could get with as good or better preamps? And at least 8 of them? (I didn't know the Digi 002 only had 4 when I got it-- blast!)

Metric Halo, RME, Apogee, Motu. For the control surface features, either the Euphonix MC or the Mackie Control.

Be dead sure you have removed every smidge of the Digi core audio and MIDI drivers before installing a new interface. Lest you be cursing the day you were born!

I didn't install anything, but I had an MBOX before that so when I plugged it in it worked fine with protools with no additional drivers.

You think the drivers the MBOX installed will hurt whatever I get in the future?

FYI- I'm thinking MOTU, that seems to be the most common recommendation. 896mk3 probably

Motu is the best intermediate interface before spending the big bucks.

+1

In fact for me, my Motu Ultralite has been rock solid and so I have no reason to upgrade something far more expensive.... But given you need 8 pres... you might want to take a look at the Motu 8Pre... or preferably the newer 896 Mk3.

If you are needing better (relatively speaking) preamps.. (Though from the few times i have used the 8Pre, it sounded good to my ears at least) then maybe it's worth looking at a higher priced range from another company....

I didn't install anything, but I had an MBOX before that so when I plugged it in it worked fine with protools with no additional drivers.

You installed Pro Tools, which installs the Core Audio driver for the M-box. When you get a new interface, delete the core audio driver files for the M-box. It will still work fine with PT as PT does not use core audio.

Anybody tried the Apogee Ensemble?

Many happy Ensemble users here in these forums.

• 11 months later...