"Mute" Automation in Logic

ChrisMac

Hello all!

New to the board here.

So my scenario.

I have a Virus KC and im using it for several sounds in my project. Now im about to record these sounds to Audio.

One sound has a automated filter from filter 1 and the other automated from filter 2.

Now if i where to record sound one with automated filter one but not filter automation 2, how can that be done without having to delete my automation from filter two? Can i just mute filter two is some way?

Sorry if its confusing but it wasnt easy to explain what i mean.

Cheers

Sorry mate, yea i know its confusing :P

Ok so ill try again. The Virus has two filters and i have two "external instrument" tracks where i have filter one automated on the first and filter two automated on the second.

Now i want to record the first sound to audio with the filter 1 automation BUT exclude the automation of filter two. And then do the same but the other way around with sound two.

Problem is here that all automation done on one "external instrument" channel will follow the the next and all editing done in one track will effect all others.

So matter what sound i choose on the Virus all Sysex data that i have recorded will be played no matter what. Thats why i want to know how i can bypass automation i dont want for the moment but still be able to switch and use them later.

Does that make any sense? lol :/

Cheers