Logic Gold 4.8.1 in Windows XP

I've managed to find a copy of lagwin2kkeyfix.exe which is needed to get Logic Audio Gold to work in Windows XP. Without this, Logic can't find the dongle and won't open.

Given that LAG is copy-protected via the dongle, and the lagwin... file was a free download on the now-defunct emagic.de site, I don't have an ethical problem with posting it on this forum.

lagwin2kkeyfix.zip

You need to have Logic 4.8.1 update. That was available as an upgrade from the emagic site, a copy ofwhich can be found at http://web.archive.org/web/20050205113859/...ive.php?lang=EN

Install 4.8.1 then use the lagwin2kkeyfind.exe file. That should bring up a message that the dongle is found and ask if you want to launch Logic.

I had to move from a serial to USB mouse, otherwise the Logic programme still didn't see the dongle for some reason.

• 3 years later...

This is a message for Lyndon Sanders if he is still around. Or anyone else who can help .......... I see Lyndon's message is four years old. Oh well .... I'll give it a try anyway .....

Hi. Great info because I'm hoping to get my old Logic 4.8.1 up and running though I have only a Windows XP atm. I followed what you suggested but the program still won't accept the dongle, even after downloading the 'langwin' file you recommended. I also changed the mouse to a USB version as you suggested.

Would it have something to do with the serial port the dongle is attached to? I originally purchased the Logic program with a Windows 98 computer but the computer was damaged in transit so I bought an XP thinking I could use it with my Logic program which, incidentally I've been using for years; and I don't see why I have to buy a new computer and logic program.

Tried to download an update of Logic 4.8.1 with no success.

Do you have any more suggestions to help me get the program up and running again.

Would appreciate any ideas you may have.

I know times have changed and Logic is now owned by Apple, but there's no harm in asking!

Thanks.

Cheers,

Brian