Problems Opening Mac Created Wav Files On PC In Logic

Macbook

I hope someone can help me with this issue because it is just madness and I can't find a related thread on the net.

I bounced a load of files in logic 9 as wav files for some other people to use. All these people use PCs and cannot open the files in other versions of logic or Fruity Loops, Reason, etc.

I have tried saving the files as 16, 24 and 32 bit, but PCs still say the files are corrupt, unopenable, etc. I have tried various settings but cannot believe the Mac is failing me on such a simple task...makes me wanna go back to PC...

Any ideas?

Thanks!

The only time Logic creates 32bit files is when freezing tracks.

Or File > Export... but in any case 32 bit files may or may not open depending on the app - actually in Logic they wouldn't open.

There's no reason I can think of a PC wouldn't open a Logic (on a Mac) created .wav file. Make sure you save them as 16 or 24 bit.

Also make sure you compress the file (especially if you're going to email or upload it) by Control-clicking it in the Finder and choosing "Compress....". That gives you a .zip file that's much more robust against possible file corruption.

Or File > Export...

Aha! Didn't know (or notice?) that one.

Just did a quick test here converting a region to a new audio file. 24bit, wave and aiff. Opened them in a Windows Vista (puagh!) machine. Windows Media Player played the wave file just fine but couldn't handle the aiff (most likely because it's lacking the codec). VLC did play the aiff no problems.

J.

Sorry, I first bounced at 24 bit not 32 bit, then tried 16.

I bounce the file down to a wav file using these settings:

wave

16 bit

interweaved

Dithering: none

(in realtime)

PCM is ticked

Normalize is on

surround bounced is ticked

I then take each wav and put it in a zip file using the file >compress these items setting, and then send them over by a file delivery service.

I cannot see what is going wrong? I have tried at 24 bit and 16 bit, and no PC will open the files. One guy said he could play them in WMP, but couldn't open them in logic or any other wave editing program.

Thanks