Tempo and Beat Mapping problem

DaveyBee

Hi all. I have been trying for a while now to get beat mapping to work properly. The last time i used it about 3 months ago it worked with no issues - now i cant remember what i did! I've searched a few different places but have found no cure for my malady.

here's what happens...

i record an audio track in freetime with no click (so the tempo is automatically set to 120 but im playing around 115 or so). Obviously none of my beats match up to the logic beats so i go to global tracks and add the beat mapping track, analyse the audio track for transients and its wave form pops into the beat mapping track with transients marked. But... when i then match up the beats the audio transforms in tandem with the global tempo - so if i change the tempo to 115 from 120 the audio plays back slower too and is out of sync by exactly the same amount. :shock:

I'm sure this is really simple but for the life of me i can't figure out what i'm doing wrong.

Thanks very much anyone who can help

DaveyBee :(

Trying to get Adjust Tempo Using Beat Mapping to follow the tempo of a song...

I've tried focusing on smaller sections - I've tried cutting out the fade-in and fade-out.

All I get is 'No Tempo Found'

Why?

Logic Pro 9.1.4

Trying to get Adjust Tempo Using Beat Mapping :?: to follow the tempo of a song...

Beat mapping and beat detection are two different things, the command you mention above if for beat detection, not mapping.

I've tried focusing on smaller sections - I've tried cutting out the fade-in and fade-out.

All I get is 'No Tempo Found'

Why?

Is it maybe an mp3?

There are other ways to figure out a bpm.

For example, try the bpm counter plug-in (Metering>BPM Counter) and check with the metronome.

J.

It's an AIFF file.

It's Beat Detection that I want; I want Logic to follow the Tempo of this audio file.

It's NOT the same, start to finish, and while I could come close to getting the subtle increases & decreases ~ I'd like to have the program do what I believe it"s capable of doing...

So what I'm looking for here, is why it would come back with the message No Tempo Found.

Surely others have encountered this, and figured it out?

Thanks.

i'm absolutely with Jordito on this, beatmap it. Open up the beat map track in global tracks, detect transients from your audio file and line up the beats manually, it sounds like a nightmare but it actually doesnt take that long and is very effective.

Good luck

Dave

Okay ~ I did the Beat Mapping...

It did take me a while :( but I got it to work for me.

Once I start cutting sections, the tempo is totally dependent on exactly where those cuts are (but I guess you know that.

Well I can now tell you that early Bon Jovi is all over the map ~ @$#%@!!!

I'd still like to know what I need to do to get Adjust Tempo Using Beat Mapping to work for me.

Thanks.

while you guys are on the topic of beat mapping, does anyone know of a good tutorial on beat mapping. last time I tried to do it, it just turned into a nightmare.

Did you try the manual? If you do, any specific step in the process you're not understanding, or you'd like to get clarification on?

Beat Mapping Regions

i'm going to try it again (and I'll try the manual again).the last time I tried it I was able to get the click to work with the track, but it wasn't helpful as I was just as unsure of where the click would land as I was of where the audio track would land.

i'm sure I will have questions, but don't want to hijack the thread too badly so I'll repost when I get stuck. thanks a bunch. I should just buy your book for L9 David (since I don't plan on updating anytime soon). :)